Return to Class

It was about two days until Midoriya was able to leave his bed. He spent a majority of the hours getting used to walking, and learning about the new hardware surgically implanted into his head.

"So my eyesight works like echolocation?" Midoriya asked, the blueish green waves bouncing off the walls and objects in sight.

"Correct. The ears are also able to pick up footsteps as well as heartbeats. Therefore, it is impossible for anyone to practice stealth in close proximity." Eivor explained.

"Wow." Midoriya looked at his hands before snapping his fingers, making sound waves escape from his hand.

Footsteps could be heard so Midoriya looked up only to gasp. In front of him was Momo Yaoyorozu.

She appeared to wear an oversized t-shirt and black shorts along with some tennis shoes. Her hair was down, cascading down her shoulders and back.

Midoriya's cybernetic eyes widen.  "Y-Yaoyorozu..."

She slightly smiled in a awkward way. "Hello Midoryia."

He blinked before standing a bit more straight. "H-h-how are y-you feeling?"

She giggled a bit "I'm OK, but what about you, Midoriya?"

"Ah! W-w-well I don't have any broken bones, at least." He laughed nervously while rubbing the back of his head.

"That's good."

It was silent as even Eivor could feel the awkwardness in the air. It eventually came to a close when Midoryia and Yaoyorozu spoke at the same time.

"So Yaoyorozu-"
"So Midoriya-"

"Oh I'm sorry-"

"No I'm sorry-"

"You go first."

"No please, you can go first."

"I insist."

"No, I insist."

It went silent again before Midoryia took a deep breath. "So... A vampire."

"Yes." Yaoyorozu acknowledged.

"How does... That feel like?" He asked with a tilt of his head.

"It feels... Cold. Like I feel no warmth from my body anymore, but I'm not shivering."

"I see." Midoriya looked at her and couldn't see any soundwaves emanating from her chest, meaning she had no heartbeat.

"So anyway, what did you want to say?" Midoriya asked to which Yaoyorozu became uncomfortable and answered while playing with some stands of her hair.

"I... Wanted to apologize to you, Midoriya."

He tilted his head "What do you mean?"

"You see... When you first came to U.A, I had nothing but indifference for you. I didn't think you would've made it far in the hero course, and when you gave up the position of Class President to Iida, while I was Vice President, I thought you did out of favoritism for him. But... When you helped fight the villains, as well as seeing your capabilities in the Sports Festivals... I had to rethink my feelings about you. So please... Accept my apologies." Yaoyorozu bowed low in front of Midoriya.

"Yaoyorozu... There is no need for you to apologize. I understand your feelings, especially about the position of Class President. I gave it to Iida because of his capabilities to properly address people and his leadership. But I guess that doesn't really mean much now..."

Midoriya tried to protest when Dracula spoke about Iida's punishment but he wouldn't budge.

"But I knew you would've been able to help and even give Iida advice on any situation. That's why I didn't relinquish the position to you, because you were the most capable person to keep him anchored. So I understand, but there's nothing to apologize for."