Chapter 46

AUTHOR NOTE: I will slowly start posting the rest of the chapters today ❤

Ace's p.o.v.

I let out a long and restless sigh. The ends of my shoes met every time I clicked my crossed legs, over the desk.

I rubbed the red apple with my palm and took a bite out of it while still staring up at the painting.

It was hung right above my computer where I knew I'd look at it every day. Every morning. Every night..

I had become so occupied with it, I started dreaming of it.

Why was I torturing myself like this?

The apple was sour in my mouth as I chewed another bite.

Was I the romantic type? I don't think I ever was.. Yet here I was staring at this artwork like it was my means for life. Like it was my reason for breathing.

I felt restless when I was looking at it, yet I felt just as anxious when it wasn't in my sight.

I knew damn well, it wasn't the painting that haunted me.

Was it weird to think I missed her. I had met her only once. Only one day, one kiss was enough to make me feel like I knew her for eternity.

I was lonely when I thought of her, yet those moments when I didn't think of her, felt just as empty.

My thoughts drifted back to that intoxicating night. The taste of red wine, the smell of paint and the feel of her silk dress.

She was so cool, so far away, so unyielding in her ways. I've never met someone who could look at me with such empty cold eyes and then say words that filled me up with warmth so fast. Only to later say such cold words, but look at me with such desire.

How do you forget a woman like that? Everything about her was romance.. She was a night of tousled sheets, warm touch on a cold winter morning, the woman you'd try to forget when you're old and addicted to scotch and cigars.

She was a whole lifetime and a single night.

The kiss was a bait she served unknowingly, and I willingly got hooked on it.

I dropped the eaten apple in the trash next to the desk and got up. Why was I even thinking about this? Forgetting that night was my only choice.

I had made my bed. Now I have to lay in it.

Francy's p.o.v.

2nd of July

 It was done.

I can't believe this.  The house was actually done. 

We had managed to make fix up everything in the house within a month or so. All the sweat time and effort we had put had paid off. Remi and I had shared a vision for this place and now it was finally a reality.

The kitchen