Prologue

Being immortal has it's advantage & disadvantages...

But he had never experienced the death of a close friend, never underwent the harsh struggles of overcoming the grief of losing someone dear to him.

Not until he woke up one day and found that Shuna was dead.

It was always going to happen eventually. Not everyone could be an immortal Demon Lord, and even in the peaceful world he had created, death would always find a way.

Shuna had passed away peacefully in her sleep, which was about as much as he could've asked for the kind, hard-working Oni who had done so much for the people of Tempest during her time in the Department of Production.

The funeral was a grand yet somber affair. All the townsfolk came out to pay their respects to one who had been one of the first pillars upon which Tempest had been founded.

And as the king of Tempest and the lord of the deceased, it was his duty to deliver a heartfelt eulogy for the dearly departed, so that all may remember her in their hearts.

It was . . . surprisingly hard.

With each word he spoke, each gesture he emphasized, he felt her passing become more real, felt his grief grow more pronounced.

She had been a dear friend to him. And he knew that she had wanted them to be more than friends, but he had turned her down. Because he couldn't return her feelings.

But despite that rejection, the Oni had shouldered on, greeting each day with that same strong smile as before.

Truly, her presence had been a blessing on them all.

And now she was gone. Forever.

He could've saved her. With the myriad of powers available to him, he was sure he could've figured something out.

But that would merely have been delaying the inevitable. No matter what Ultimate Skill or grand magic he used, he could not cheat death. Not without sacrificing the lives of others.

And he knew that gentle spirit of hers would never have allowed that.

He would always remember those final moments: when the casket was slowly lowered into the ground, those thin trails of tears slowly trickling down the faces of the family of the deceased. He had offered to give Benimaru and the others time off, but the stoic Oni had declined the offer, stating that Shuna would not have wanted them to shirk their duties because of her.

If that was how they wished to cope, then so be it.

As he shed his own tears for the flower that had forever wilted, he felt overwhelmed by the enormity of it all. Death had always been a part of this world. He had killed many beasts and many people. He should be desensitized to it all, but he wasn't.

Because this was the first time he had experienced true loss.

He was a Great Demon Lord, one who commanded the might of several lesser, yet still formidable Demon Lord class individuals. He was a god, one with power over the space-time continuum itself. With his power, he had been able to protect those under him for all this time.

But even he couldn't protect them from Death forever.

This was the first time he had been a victim of Death rather than the perpetrator.

When Shion had fallen in an ambush due to his own naivete, he had been torn. Enraged. Grief-stricken. But he had managed to revive her, along with many others. And with her revival, it was as if all his grief, all his woes had been swept away.

But there would be no revival this time. No cleansing tide to sweep away his sorrow.

He would have to shoulder this burden for the rest of eternity.

As this crushing thought weighed on his mind, he felt a pair of arms wrap themselves around him, comforting him in his time of need.

Thanks Ciel...

____________________

It's been Month's since the burial rimuru hadn't come out from his house

<<MASTER!>>
...
<<By analyzing the situation and current state of master I have found a solution to correct master's regret>>
...
<<...>>
What is it Ciel if your going to suggest reviving them it's a big NO! even I can revive them I know deep in there heart's they don't want that to happen...
<<Negative>>
...
<<I suggest by going back to the past Master can appreciate and return there feelings for master thus master's regret will be dimenish>>
After that Conversation Rimuru didn't respond and stayed like that for more than 50 yrs without a word...

_____________________
That's it's for the prologue thankyou guys hope you can give me suggestions and inspiration