To the Second Boss Raid

December 12th

“Kirito.”

“What?”

“How long have you and Asuna been a couple?”

Asuna head whips to Nezha so quickly she might’ve broken it doing the same motion in real life. Why, of all questions to break the silence between the six players marching out in the field, is that the question he decides to ask? And why isn’t Kirito answering fast enough? “We are not a couple!”

“Huh? Oh! I’m so sorry! There are so few female players in SAO, topics like that are boilerplate discussion material. I didn’t this it would be such a surprise.”

Kirito pales. “Wait… Are you saying…people are spreading rumors about us?”

“Rumors? It’s common knowledge. Kirito and Asuna are always seen together. even going to the same room. Everyone’s seen you doing that!”

“That’s not the way it went!”

“That was just a coincidence! A temporary thing! I didn’t have a choice but to go along!”

Asuna faces Kirito. “Is that so?”

“Ung…”

“Also,” Nezha continues, “a certain reputable source has said that upon visiting Kirito’s inn room late one night, a completely nude Asuna emerged from the bath.” Reputable source. Asuna looks to Kirito, he looks back, then they both glare at the “reputable source” in question.

“Nya nya-ha-ha-ha-haaa.”

“Also, her estimated measurements and the color of her underwear have been sold for vast sums of money!”

Asuna glares harder at the Rat, making the little girl sweat. “Ha-ha… I regret it all. D-Don’t worry! I haven’t actually sold you out! It’s just...y’know! You’re a hot commodity out there right now!”

“Indeed! They say that your shocking beauty was enough to cause a collapsing boss raid to forget their fear of death and emerge victorious! They say that you are like a goddess to them!”

While the events are...true to an extent, Asuna basks in the rumored compliment. “A goddess…”

“Huh…”

“That’s your best answer, Kii-boy? You’ve got dibs on that girl. Don’t you know what you’ve got?”

“You’re the one who spread that story. Don’t try to shift the topic.”

“Indeed. And...you must be Argo, yes? I’ve heard the rumors about you.”

Argo’s eyes widen at the possible rumors Nezha has heard. “Eh?”

“You have secret trysts with Kirito every time he returns from the front. You have many secret fans as well. It must be the big gap between your cool job as an information agent and the mysterious face-paint whiskers. From what I hear. Oh, right, would you happen to know the reason for her whiskers, Kirito?”

Kirito says nothing, not even able to look at anyone’s face, arousing Asuna’s suspicions. “Oh, really?”

Nezha gasps and places his hand on his forehead in shame. “Ah. I… I’m so sorry. I can be so dense sometimes!”