Twenty-Seven

As the weeks passed, the more Steve relaxed. Making it past the halfway mark of his pregnancy and being able to feel his very active wombmate made it easier. Sure, there was still that little voice that was fearful of what could happen. But each day, the excitement grew in him and muffled that voice.

It also didn't hurt that with his own better mood made the whole house happier. Bucky quickly going back to his over-affectionate ways. The boys carefree, as they should always be. And for the first time in a year, Steve truly felt happy. There was still a lingering guilt, but he was starting to feel more like his old self. Starting to feel more like the man Bucky had fallen in love with.

Hell, even his libido was back. Back and stronger than ever with all those extra pregnancy hormones that had been ignored for the first thirty-four weeks. Now, he just needed to make sure that the boys were out of the house.

So, Steve took it upon himself to arrange a sleepover with Auntie Tibbs and Uncle Si. Not that either of his sons seemed to care as they rushed off to play with their cousins. Chuckling to himself, he shook his head and told his youngest sister-in-law, "Thanks again."

"No problem," Tibby smiled, hugging him again. Then, she teased, "But you owe us a kid-free night."

Nodding, Steve agreed, "I'll be looking forward to it. I'll put 'em to work with the baby."

Waddling out of the house, he awkwardly climbed into his Volvo behind the steering wheel. Checking the dashboard clock, he saw that he had plenty of time to stop by the store to pick up some stuff. Giddily, he tried to imagine what Bucky was going to think. Was he going to be surprised? Excited? Would he rip Steve's clothes off him and fuck him right there on the kitchen table?

An excited shudder rolled through him as he grabbed a cart and got to work. Gathering the ingredients needed for the meal he had planned and making sure to pick up stuff for the rest of the week since he was there. All the while, keeping track of the time. Knowing that he only had so much time if he wanted to get everything done by the time Bucky made it home.

The butterflies tag-teamed with Atticus as they swirled around in his abdomen. His excitement growing as he raced home. His mind plotting the execution of his plan. After unloading the groceries and putting them away in their proper places, Steve rubbed his hand over his large, thirty-seven weeks bump.

"Go team," Steve softly agreed with himself.

Once the salmon and asparagus was in the oven, cooking in all of its butter-garlic glory, Steve decided to freshen up. Shaving his balls the best he could around his abdomen. Really scrubbing with the loofah to make sure that every inch of him was clean. Well, cleaner than already was.

When he climbed out of the shower, he dried off and made sure to thoroughly moisturize his skin with the cinnamon scented lotion that Bucky loved so much. Pulling on the singlet he ordered for Valentine's Day, but wasn't able to wear because he wasn't in the mood considering the anniversary of Flora's birth was the day before. Then, he held it off until Bucky's birthday, only, he came down with a bad case of the flu.

So, now was the perfect time for it. Even though Steve was afraid that the satin material wouldn't fit over his significantly larger bump. Thankfully, with some hard work and clever maneuvering, Steve was able to get the thong singlet in place. Ignoring his stretchmarks as he fixed the large, decorative bow over his cock, Steve tried to hype himself up.

"You're a stud," Steve told his reflection. His insecurities only grew, and Steve reminded himself, "Your husband can't keep his hands off you. These stretchmarks are proof of that."