Part 21

The noise inside the his father's office caught Tae's attention. He's in their house — specifically in his bedroom, observing the notebook.

He quickly hid the notebook inside his bag & took his way towards the office, hiding behind the walls to see what's happening.

"I believe, this isn't your worst." His father stated.

His heart ached when he saw yoongi almost lying onto the floor. His face had bruises, and its surely from a punch.

"I can't believe I let you live in my house—" , "Dad, enough!" Tae meddled, even before another punch.

His dad took back his arm, fixing his clothes and acting like nothing happened. "Fix your mess, Yoongi." And left.

Tae immediately guided Yoongi to stand up, then sat on the couch. "You don't seem okay, hyung."

"I'm fine. His hits are getting weaker. He's indeed aging."

Tae didn't know what to say. Does that mean Yoongi always gets beaten up?

"May I ask what happened?" He asked while looking for the aid kit. "Nothing much. I just messed up some files he asked me too."

Tae sat beside him, quickly taking out some medicines.

"Just because of that? He would beat his own son?" He asked, damping the cloth with medicine onto his wounds.

"Taehyung, do you not remember? I'm not his son."

Tae paused at what he heard. He was frozen. Because he know he'll be suspicious when he'll react surprised.

"I-I forgot," he excused, and continued curing his wounds.

Yoongi sighed. "I'm mother's son even before they got married and had kids. Mom knew that he doesn't treat me like his son but she doesn't know that he beats me up."

Tae felt pissed, "What? You never told mom?"

"You should tell her! How long had dad been beating you up? She has to know this—" Yoongi grabbed his wrist and slowly pulled him down on the seat.

"Please, don't tell her. Because I know that she won't hesitate to divorce with your dad. That will be a big trouble."

Yoongi said with pleading eyes, and Tae felt nothing but anger and pity.

He's willing to endure all the pain just for the family that he's just a half part of. Its obvious that he's being beaten up since ages, but he decided not to speak up for the fear of breaking a family.

Tae had no choice but to obey him. He wanted to help him, but being quiet is the least he can do for now.

Tae noticed that Yoongi was impishly smiling. "What's to smile at?" He asked. How can he still smile in the midst of a problem?

"I'm just happy that you're caring for me again now." He started.

"We used to be so close when we're kids. Jennie even asked for a younger sister because she can't keep up with us. But when you reached 18, you became distant to me. That's maybe because father told you so."

To be honest, its hard to keep up with something you have no clue about.

This family is a big mystery. Was the real Taehyung that scary? Is he all poised and intimidating?

If he is, then the change is obvious. Because Tae aren't any of those.

"I...I just realized nothing will happen if I keep being distant. After all, we're a family right?" Tae flashed his boxy smile to try and lighten up the mood.