Chapter 1

A young, budding hero with a shining flock of pink hair and a well-built body strolled around the attic, seemingly searching for something. "Where is it... it shouldn't be that hard to-", He stumbled across a photo. Two people. Male and female, a loving look in their eyes. One he recognized to be his mother, but the man was a mystery. He had dark, emerald green hair, a fair face. His neck and eyebrow were scared. His eyes... were his. The boy recognized those eyes. They belong to him and his twin sister. Quickly he took off with the photo in hand, demanding an answer. With speed, he found his way to the kitchen, an expensive one at that. "Did you find the capacitor, Hiashi?" Asked his pinkette mother. His sister sat at the table, eating pasta. Her flowing, like a river of cherry blossoms. "Mom. Who is this man?" Hiashi slid the photo on the table. His mother, Mei, cleaned her hands and came over. Taking up the photo, she gave a menacing glare. "Your father." She voiced with uncharacteristic shyness. The daughter paused her eating, throat going dry. "Show me!" She quickly stole the image and scanned it with her pinpoint vision. "Father... This is what father looked like?" She gasped. "Before we wed..." Mei sighed. "He doesn't look like a nerd," Hiashi commented. "That is quite rude, brother." His sister said. "It's alright, Nana. That is my error. In our first year, he was quite the nerd but after... I'm sorry..." She covered her face, knowing her secrets and lies were to be unfolded. 

"Mother..." 

"I guess you're old enough... Strong enough..." Mei sighed. "You're father is not an accountant. He is not overseas. He is here, in Japan." Nana's eyebrows furrowed, Hiashi was dumbstruck. Nana pounded the table with her dainty hands. "What!? How could you!" She shouted. "Lower that tone, young one." Mei seethed. Shrinking back, Nana folded her arms. "So... what? He left us...?" Hiashi asked. "In a matter of speaking." Hiashi grew angry at her lack of anger. "He is... a hero... A broken one at that." She revealed. "Mother, tell me the truth. Did Father abandon you?" Nana asked.

"No. I left him. Mind you, we are still married. But I pushed him away, to protect you."

Hiashi sat at the table, hands on his head and elbows on the table. She got her phone out, punching in a few numbers. "You can't seriously-" Nana was warned by her brother not to say anything. "Hey. Can I put you on speaker? Ok."

Clicking a  button, she set the phone down on the table. "What is the reason for this call?" It was a low, scraping voice. Like metal run against a stone. "Hey, Izuku. Would you like to say hello to Hiashi and Nana?" She asked with a happy smile. "After 10 years, I was not let within arms reach of my children. To hear their voices... would be very nice." He spoke, sadness mixed with anger. "H-hello." Stuttered his son. "Hello, Hiashi. You sound well." Izuku beamed. "Um... thanks? How are you?"

"I'm currently bleeding and on the verge of collapsing so... the usual." He said. Mei sighed. "Izuku, I swear to god if you arent taking care of yourself..."

"Do not be foolish, woman." He growled. "As much as I prefer your cooking, I have kept myself fed and tended. Now, if you'd be so kind as to put my daughter on the line, it'd do me good." He spat. Mei giggled at this and looked to a fuming Nana. "Why did you leave, Father?" He asked. 

"Because I have... issues." He answered. "Father, we all do. Leaving your wife pregnant and going off being a hero is not one that absolves you from your sins." She prodded. Mei looked disinterested while Hiashi listened to the silence. "Now you listen to me. I do not care for your... female tendencies. So keep that mouth of yours on a down low. I break my back, literally, keeping you safe. So do not bad mouth me about abandoning you. I am always near." Nana was undeterred. "Sorry, babe. Nana's a bit... apprehensive to all things in general." Mei excused. "So I am to blame..." He instantly replied.

On impulse, Hiashi blurted, "D-dad..."

"Yes, Hiashi?"

"Wanna come home for dinner?"

A thick atmosphere of silence ensued. Mei held her breath. "I... Wouldn't mind that." He breathed. Mei jumped from her seat with joy and ran to the door, bouncing in anxiety and excitement. "I doubt Father care enough to come so quickly, Mother." Nana said.

Suddenly their was a knock. "It's open!" Mei cheered. The door opened slowly.

Nana POV

As the door swung open, my eyes laid upon a tall, monstrous figure. It tood atleast 2 meters high with a lurching posture and broad shoulders limp. A thick body, fit for destruction. It walked inside, much to mother's appreciation. It closed the door, a violent boom. I felt fear fkr my mother, as she placed her calloused yet dainty hands on his leathered chest.

His garbs were green, smeared with mud, dirt... blood. He was indeed scary. "And so blossoms the folly of your ways. Tell me, what prompted you to call me." His voice was just as on the phone. A godly... Devilish rasp. An eternal growl.

"Izuku... What have you done to my armor!?" Mother screamed. "Every time I give you gear, it breaks within the month. I can tell the auto regeneration is not even half of it's original efficiency. Ugh! You make so mad!" She shouted. Father... Father looked down, removing his helm. His face came into view. A string jaw, freckles shared between me and my brother, emerald eyes again shared between my sibling and I. But they were cold. Unfeeling.

Mother reached up and touched his face before jumping onto him, held by his thick, strong arms. They're lips touched, I assume. A passionate kiss. Mother climbed down as Father pushed her off. "I-izuku?"

He tried taking a step towards us, but stumbled. "You've been overworking, haven't you?"

"Yes." He grunted. His eyes darted, laying on me and my brother. A warm smile is what he flashed. I didn't care for it. Taking a step towards us, everything for me went in slow motion for me. His eyes rolled backwards, his body floated in the air, his feet lost footing.

My heart sank. I didn't even notice the smalls holes in his suit. He lied their in a pool of his blood. "I meant to get some help... This was more important."  He smiled to my mother. His blood was draining onto the floor. Mother somehow was able to lift him and carry him to the couch and began stripping him.

"Thanks for the floating, sweety."

"Let me rest woman."

"Children! While your father sleeps, it's best you learn how... this came to be."

Words 1165

Posted 9/14/2021