Chapter 7

As Father and I walked down the streets, I didn't feel as out of place with him. Of course, I still harbour resentment, but it's like we've been parent and child since the beginning. Imagine not knowing someone and yet, you look like him, have scars like him, talk like him, dress like him, act like him, etc.

And it's like father was a different person. His stance was firm, unlike the lurching posture he uses when doing hero work. He was a man, not a monster and I could see how hurt he is. His eyes are cracked, like mine. I could see years of pain, years of turmoil. It was almost too much and so I held my head down.

"Is something wrong, Nana?" He asked, fiddling with his lushly green locks. "A-ah... J-just wondering if I should redye my hair." I lied. "Pink hair suits you." He commented. I began playing his mine. "G-green isn't as bad as I thought," I admitted. He glanced over and said, "I remember when you were just born. I compared you and a photo of me when I was born. The same baby, I tell you." He chuckled. I snickered a little.

"I guess I do take after you... A lot..." He nodded. "Everything except for my... Nevermind. Anyway, how's your heart?" He asked. "H-how did you know about that!?" I stuttered, feeling the heat rise to my cheeks. "I'm your father, that's how. My mother had the same issue."

I have a weak heart and I've never been the most resilient. It's hard, living in a world where someone can take a nuclear blast to the face and just brush off the dirt while you could sick at any time or collapse from a heart attack.

We travelled in silence, inching closer and closer. Y'know what, my dad ain't so bad... Father. My father isn't as intolerable as I thought. God, I need to get myself straight. I'm leading to lives. Two personalities. I'm showing a side of I haven't even shown my mother, brother or boyfriend. But I'm showing it to Father. It's like, with him, I can be myself. He's accepting me and I'm accepting him.

"F-father." My voice cracked from a dry throat. "Yes, Nana?" He responded. "W-what... What was... y-y-your childhood... what was it like?" He stopped walking, a deathly glare turn to the ground. "My early was one that I didn't deserve. Did you know I was born quirkless?" He asked.

Hold up. How was the most powerful man in Japan, maybe the world, a man who posses at least 5 quirks at one point in time quirkless? "It's a long story. One you will not hear." He said, continuing his pace. "Sorry for asking." I apologized. "You can ask your mother." He noted.

That got me curious. "So... How did you fall in love with mother? Was it love at first sight or maybe a brewing type of love?" I asked, steeling my nerves and forcing myself not to choke or stutter. He wore a mixed expression of reminiscing, glee and anguish. "I'd just broken up with my girlfriend at the time. Your mother... kissed me. One thing led to another."

What. The. Fu-

Watch it. I'm tryna stop cursing

I need context.

"You seem confused. Time for convenient storytelling."

***
"C'mon, Deku! You gotta smile!" Ochako beamed at her boyfriend. Izuku forced a grin to his lips. "There we go. I'll be right back." She left his room, allowing Izuku to massage his jaws. He doesn't want to smile. He's in pain, he's still mastery his new quirks. His emotions were unorderly. Yes, it had been 6 months since the war and he's almost in his 3rd year but that doesn't change his situation. His new family has been trying and succeeding his fixing him but it's not enough.

Shota can only give advice, Emi gives support and Eri... Eri is his hope for a better future. His family. His sister, mother and father. His mind drifted to his birth father. The man who started all this. The man he killed. It was so vibrant, the way he remembered it. In a shard of glass he had seen his black eyes and the next second, his arm was red with blood as it drove a hole through All For One's chest. He remembers the words muttered.