Chapter 5

The next morning was a Saturday. I rose from my bed, dried tears panting my cheek. I wipe the crust from my eyes and checked my phone. "Mm... Moto-kun wants to come over... I don't mind." I mumbled, replying to his message with a maybe. I drew myself from bed and dressed in an oversized hoodie. I looked in my mirror. My roots were growing out. I need to get some new hair dye. I removed my scrunchy and let my low pink locks flow. I've been dying my hair for almost 3 years now. It just felt right. Mother has pink hair. Brother has pink hair. Grampa Kai has pink hair. Why shouldn't I? Worst yet, it's Father's hair. Even just seeing how our respective heads of hair flowed, I could tell I also inherited that trait.

I've inherited everything from Father, haven't I; excluding his gender of course. Mother often complimented my frail body. It's hard to believe Father was once my size- no, I can't believe that he was smaller than me at this age. For a girl my age, I'm quite short as I stand at 5'2. Looking at Father, it's as if he's twice my height and yet mother has never shown fear in her eyes. Speaking of eyes, both me and Hiashi inherited his eyes. Emerald green, but only I got the shimmer, that glow. I have his freckles, his once rosy cheeks and according to Mother, 'His beautiful, innocent, heartwarming smile.' I will take her word for it, but with a grain of salt. 

I went to my door and opened it. "Mother!" I called. "What!?" She replied from downstairs. "Can Moto-kun come over?" I asked. "He's always welcome!" Mother beamed, I could practically hear the smile. I texted Moto then checked my hair once more and then ran down the stairs to see Father on the couch watching the television with Hiashi. They looked so... normal. I stoned my face. "Morning." Izuku greeted. Hiashi waved then quickly went back to his show. "Do you normally sleep until 10?" Father asked. I grimaced, "It's Saturday." 

He shrugged, "Fair enough." Ugh. He's supposed to be arguing or something... And why isn't he asking me about who Moto is? He's not acting like a dad at all... I went to get some cereal for breakfast. I watched as father took out his phone. "What?" He spoke into the phone. "I'm on leave. Get someone else to do it." He seemed pissed. "A busted gas pipe doesn't count, my dear sister. Now get yo ass off my face and go save some lives." He hung up the phone and yet back to watching with Hiashi.

"Can't get a fucking break after 20 years of service." He cursed under his breath. It made me think. 20 years? 20 years of saving lives... does... not... It does not absolve him. Wait, I have an aunt?

After eating my breakfast, I heard a knock at the door. "Oh, that must be Moto-kun!" I beamed, running to the door. I opened it, and there he was. Jet black hair, average height and build and one white eye and one red eye. "Hi!" He greeted, coming inside. "Hey, Mrs Hatsume!"

"Morning!" My mother called. She must be in another room. "Nana, explain why there is a stranger in my house." Father huffed, his eyes fixated on the television. "Friend from school." I half truthed.

"I know who he is. I want to know why he is here? Is he your boyfriend?" He asked. A blush rose to my face. "Y-yeah... Something like that." I stuttered. "Who is he?" Asked Shomo with a whisper. "... My... genetic progenitor." I answered. "She means Father!" Hiashi corrected, not even looking from the television.

Boys... Ugh...

Father stood up to full height and marched in front of Moto. I saw the colour run from his face. "You're scaring him," I mumbled.

With surprise, Father reached out with his hand and... a warm smile. No! That's supposed to be my smile! Why does he give it to a stranger who's dating his god damn daughter, rather than me? It's not fair. Another reason to resent him. "Izuku Aizawa. You look a lot like your mother." Hw spoke.

Moto nervously shook his hand. "Y-y-you know my mother?" He stuttered. "I know both your parents. Your father, me and another were the Big Three back in the UA days. Heck, we fought the war together." Father commented. Moto sheepishly smiled. "R-really?"

***

I was sat down in the teacher's lounge. It felt uncomfortable. The two pros in front of me had stern faces. Mr Aizawa wore his trademark glare but Ms Joke... god what did I do to deserve her serious expression and soul seeping gaze.

"To set things off, no you are not in trouble," Aizawa reassured, much to my relief. "But the matter we are to discuss is a... delicate one." He continued. His legs folded. "You grew up without father only to find out he is... was... one of the greatest villains of all time. Not to mention, he had the audacity to kill your mother and All Might."

Must he insult me with this reminder? That is already firmly established. "The Hero Association had two ideas." Miss Joke followed up, his voice was devoid of joy. "The most common for children like you is to be raised by the government. A child of the state." She said.

"No, absolutely not!" I rejected. "I didn't win a war just to become a slave." He growled. "What's the other option?"

Mr Aizawa placed a document on the desk. Standard white paper, black ink, fine writing. I skimmed down, searching for the signature description. It usually summarizes the whole document. The mumbo jumbo is just for clarification.

By signing this, party A(the child) has willingly chosen to become the ward of party B(the guardians). If parties A or B do not consent, this document becomes null and void.

Adoption papers. I looked up at them. I... was going to have two loving parents and a little sister... "Emi has always wanted a son," Aizawa mumbled. I looked her in the eyes. The pain of a mother, the pain of miscarriage.

Mr Aizawa placed a pen beside the document. "You can take your time to th-" Halfway through, in impulse, I signed on the dotted line and then crossed my legs.

"I accept."

Sorry it was shitty... comment tho.

c o m m e n t

Words 1074

Posted 9/18/2021