Chapter 10

2:41

2:42

2:43

C'mon c'mon c'mon!

2:44

... C'mon you stupid clock!

2:45!

Finally! The bell rang, the command to stand and now was given and I was the first one out. I was almost sprinting but I exercised self-control. He may not even be out there waiting for all I know but if he is ready to be a permanent part of my life, then he has to be.

I speed walked to the front of the school, uncaring as to who was in my way. And there he was. Father. He kept his promise. His stoic face barely softened as our eyes met but I could tell he was happy to see me.

I walked over and stood right in front of him. "How was school?" His raspy voice asked. "It was alright. How was work?" I asked in return. "I got a new scar." He sighed. "How?"

"Fun fact, if they shoot you in-between the armour, it felts like hell. Most bullets can't pierce my skin but they do break the skin a little." He spoke. "You're bulletproof?"

"A little."

"Good to know." He gave me a glare which I chuckled off. "Just kidding." I nervously jested. "Mm. I like your hair. Green suits you." He complimented. "I'm thinking of getting my tips black," I said, fiddling a few strands. "Hmm."

"Can we get matching tattoos?" I asked spontaneously, remembering the tattoo on his arm. I was expecting a glare or a reprimand but he just laughed. "When your older, sweetheart."

"Can I see it?"

"Later."

"Please!"

"No."

I bumped my head into his stomach. "You are mean," I whined. His large arms encircled my small body. "I'm much worse." He mumbled. "So, where are we headed?" I asked, looking up. "To meet the rest of your family."

"Shouldn't Hiashi and I meet them together?" I chuckled as he released me. He wore a strained smile. "Yeah... I may or may not have already done that." He guiltily admitted. "Are you kidding me!?" I exclaimed. "What? You shut me out. Stuff happens." He reasoned. Fair enough. "Oh and... your mom and I may or may not be getting a job here." He smiled. "Really!? Which courses?"

"Your mother's doing the Support course. I'm doing part-time hero course and part-time Ethics."

"Oh my god! I signed up for that class a long time ago but there wasn't a teacher. It was basically a club... Wow, so you'll be teaching me and Hiashi, right?"

"Without bias." He added. "For you, I'll be Mr Aizawa. Got that?" His emeralds forced a hole through mine, all the way to KY soul. "Y-yeah... Mr Aizawa." I choked slightly. The courtyard was already populated but by now it was almost flooding.

"So are we going now?" I inquired. Dad... Father... Screw it. I call him whatever I want. The old man ushered me to follow him to the driveway of UA. He revealed a car key and handed it to me. "I heard you like 21st Century cars." He noted. My whole body trembled with excitement as I clicked the unlock button and the headlights of a... Oh my eternal watching worthy of all the god! A 2019 Audi R8? They don't make these like they used to! "I found the chassis and other parts in a few dumps and your mom put in back together. It's yours... When you learn to drive." He said. I was literally going to faint. The shine of the silverly polished rims almost blinded me and the green paint job's saturation was second only to the eyes I share with the old man. It was without a spoiler and the body sat low to the ground.

Father promptly took the keys from me and entered the vehicle, opening my door from the inside. I stepped inside, still awestruck. "Seatbelt, Nana." He sang. I quickly buckled it and he ignited the beast of a sports car. The gentle hum of the engine and rattle of the car's metal was like a lullaby for any mechanic or car junky.

It's like midnight so screw the transition

It was a relatively short drive until we made it to a fairly sized home that could hold an extended family. Maybe that's the purpose. "Out." The old man ordered. I promptly opened the door, making sure to not leave my backpack just in case.

We walked up to the door and father knocked. A slender yet well-shaped female in a UA uniform answered the door. "Why aren't you at school, Hinata?" The old man asked. "I hurt my arm." She excused, her purple and tired eyes darted to me. "Who's she, Uncle Zuzu?" She asked with a silky and almost seductive voice. Wait... Uncle?

 Uncle?

"Oh. This is your cousin, Nana. Nana, this is Hinata Aizawa or Shinso, depending on who you ask." Father introduced. She stared me down, I return the favour. "Ain't you that girl in from the Ethics class?" She asked. "Yeah, I guess." I deadpanned. "Mm, like your hair."

"Meh, gonna dye it later." I sighed. Hinata shrugged and opened the door to full view allowing Father and I to enter. "Granny! Uncle is here!"

"Coming!"

Suddenly, a woman with seafoam green hair and slightly darker eyes appeared from the kitchen. She ran up to father and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Mother, I'm 40 years old. You don't have to"

She interjected. "Nah ah. I don't care if you stopped ageing at 25 or if you're covered in blood." Slightly chuckled, gaining her attention. "Oh? Nana! My, you've grown! I'm Emi Aizawa." She beamed. I was kinda overwhelmed. "Ah, it's nice to meet you... Grandmother." I greeted. "Mm. Your grandfather's napping so he'll be done soon. I'll fix something for ya in the meantime." She offered.

"Oh, you don't have to"

"I said. I am going to fix something for you. Okay?", She repeated with a threatening tone. "Granny, we had lunch like 3 hours ago. She ain't used to you and ya cooking habits yet." Hinata assisted. "Well, she finna learn." Slanged the old woman.

"Mhm."

"Oi, Hinata. Your dad is home?" Father asked. "He's sleeping."

"So?"

"Wake him up. He owes me 16 dollars."

"Dad! The tax collector's here!" Hinata announced. Suddenly a man just as tall and wide as a father with eyes and hair a light purple and a scar on his mouth appeared.

"Hitoshi

"Hitoshi. It's been 2 months. You still owe me 16 dollars."

The man stared at my father.

"Fuck off."

Words 1200

Posted 9/27/2021