Chapter 3

Izuku sat alone with his head down. The sounds around him weren't a bother except for when Mei placed a plate of food in front of him. "We're even." She said. Izuku chuckled inward. "You did not owe me anything." Izuku sighed, picking up a plastic fork. "Mm... Well! Anyway, I got some ideas for your suit!" She beamed.

"Run them by me," Izuku said. Mei sat down with her own tray. Did she carry both? It makes sense she had great dexterity. "Aight so, the first one is your regular jumpsuit." She divulged. Izuku shook his head. "Lacks protection."

"Which is why I'd compensate with pads at key positions. That plus armour attachments."

"No. I want the whole thing to be armour." He immediately dejected. "It doesn't work like that Izuku-san. It'll limit your mobility." Mei revealed. Izuku thought for a moment. "Fine... Any other ideas?" He asked. "The rest are theories. Like the full armour or having you wear a mechanical suit. But they'll limit mobility or won't be to keep up. So we'll go with option one. Something I call, 'The Mantle'."

Izuku smiled and then frowned, only to give an awkward grin. "You came up with that just now, didn't you?" Izuku queried. "Y-yes..." Mei admitted, obviously embarrassed. "My mother once said," Mei looked intently at Izuku and listened, knowing this was a rare opportunity. "She said... 'Izuku, you've taken a mantle you cannot bear. And I'm afraid that... it'll break your back, cripple your shoulders and you'll collapse under its heavy burden.'"

He stared at his untouched food, a deep sadness in his eye. He then looked up and Mei who was unnaturally calm with deep reverence in her demeanour. Izuku got up. "Forget I said anything. I must go." He urgently excused. As he passed, Mei grabbed his at his school jacket. "Release me." He demanded. Staring into her eyes, Izuku couldn't help but fantasize that it was his mother, wondering whether or not he was okay. But no. She was gone.

Mei looked into his emerald irises, almost transfixed. Not because of his beauty, but his pain. Like 90% of her babies, he was broken. And when something is broken, she wants to fix it but never knows how. She doesn't know how to fix a person.

She let him go. "Come down to the lab, will ya? I need measurements." She said lowly. "Understood."

Nana POV

Mother had tears pricking at her eyes, like beads of rain about to burst from a dark cloud. Wiping them away, she sighed. "I remember that look in his eyes. I saw so many cracks. I could not understand how he was still alive at that point." She chuckled. "So dad lost... His mother and his original voice?"

"He lost much more. One of the biggest was-"

"Do not speak another word." Father's eyes opened, wide and full. "Izuku-baby, your awake!" Mother cooed. Father sat up, pinching his head. "Where is my phone? I need to make a call." He asked. "Use mine." Mother insisted. "How dare you," I mumbled. Father took the device and searched for a contact.

"Kota. Cover my shift... Boy, do not ask me questions." He hung up the phone and stood to full height. It felt like he was twice my height and maybe three times my mass. He has... cute freckles dotted on his face in a diamond on either cheek.

"I thought you'd be taller." I taunted. He looked at me with an insulted glare. "And it would seem you lack the charm your mother has. How disappointing." He retorted, jabbing at my inherited bluntness. "I wonder where I got that from," I said. He huffed.

"H-hey, d-dad." Hiashi stuttered. "Hello, Hiashi. I hope you took care of your mother and sister." Said Father. Hiashi beamed a smile. "I'm trying my very best!"

"Modesty. Mei, as much as I hate you for our arrangements... you did well, raising our children. Thank you." He said to my mother. I watched as he and my mother engaged in conversation.

Every now and again, I caught her staring at his bulging biceps, his brick jaw and imprinted abs through his unfitting shirt. Hiashi listened blissfully to their back and forth. I did not share his happiness. "Damn it, woman, you will not let that go!" Father said, raising his voice. Mother laughed into his chest and snuggled. "How could I forget. The look you had while holding Nana." She smiled. I blushed slightly.

"I can lift three times my weight without my quirk. What did you expect?" Father huffed. "Care to demonstrate?" Mother said mischievously. For the first time... For the first time since arriving... Father smiled. His lips curled upwards and his brows relaxed. He picked mother up by the waist, barely changing his demeanour. He held her close, she wrapped her legs around him. "Izuku, I've gotten enough attention." She whispered, yet I heard. His smile disappeared.

He put her down gently and walked over to us. I immediately stood to my feet, as I'd challenged him. "I... have watched you both... I've watched you grow, learn and bear hardships. But... In my heart... I cannot bring myself to call you son or daughter. Nor can I claim to be your father. I am not in any position to be in your life. But... I will try if you'll have me." He spoke.

Now I was hurt. He won't even accept his own children. Hiashi immediately hugged his legs and waist. I could not stand for it. "You are not my father. Do think that you can be, nor or anytime in the near or distant future." I spat. With grace, I left for my room.

"Nana. That was well established. If you will not have me, then so be it." He replied. "You see! You won't even try! If you had begged for mercy, I would've shown it! What is wrong with you!? This isn't how I imagined it!" I shouted while halfway up the stairs.

"This is not an anime and you are not the main character. Do not be so arrogant as to think that I'd just beg for forgiveness."

"And that is why you'll never have your daughter."

How did you like the chapter? Comment I guess.

Do it

Now

Words 1062

Posted 9/16/2021

C o m m e n t...