𝐢𝐯. dead pigs can't squeal

"YOU'VE JUST EARNED yourself three months of probation, Black

...."YOU'VE JUST EARNED yourself three months of probation, Black. Congratulations."

Moody slammed the door to his office shut before whirling around to face the offender in question. He grabbed Regulus by the neck of his jumper and shoved him down onto the empty chair on the opposite side of the Auror's desk.

Moody sat down across from him and the expression on his face was furious enough that Regulus actually felt a spark of fear run down his spine.

"What the hell is your problem?" Moody demanded. "You want to ruin your chances all together, is that it?"

Regulus' frustration was visibly apparent in the clenching of his jaw and the bounce of his leg. "Can't you see that she's manipulating you?" He questioned sharply. "She broke her own arm. I didn't do anything."

Moody let out a scoff that was cold and humorless. Even his amusement was manic, and the grating sound of it made Regulus want to get up and run.

"I wasn't born yesterday." Moody told him, his voice a low hiss. "You intentionally shattered the wand arm of this unit's best duelist. If I weren't so kind, I could easily accuse you of implementing foul play on the Dark Lord's orders. So, watch your tone."

Regulus had never felt so foolish before in his entire life. If he had known just what lengths Jude was willing to go to, he would have saved her the effort. He would've snapped her arm right there and relished the pain that it would've caused her. But, he didn't know any of this beforehand. He had underestimated just how unhinged she really was and now he was paying the price of it.

So he sat and scowled, allowing Moody to deliver his scolding.

"If you ever lay a finger on any of my soldiers again, I can promise you that you'll be handed over to the Ministry and dealt with the Death Eater way." Moody swore.

A thinly veiled Azkaban threat, Regulus thought, how hopelessly predictable.

"Can you just tell me the terms of my probation so we can get this over with?" Regulus asked, because it was late and Moody's voice was starting to resemble the sound of nails on a chalkboard.