𝐯𝐢. pureblood theatrics

THE WEEK FOLLOWING their Horcrux revelation was a hectic one

....THE WEEK FOLLOWING their Horcrux revelation was a hectic one. Fabian had undertaken the authoritarian role with surprising grace. He was firm but fair and always seemed to have the answer to every dilemma. Regulus couldn't pretend he wasn't shocked. He had always regarded Fabian as kind but overshadowed by cowardice. But it seemed first impressions weren't as damning as he had previously thought.

Fabian was inevitably the head of the planning procedure. Every detail was his creation and every minute of the night was heavily policed by him. He had even managed to get Dumbledore to commission evacuation Portkeys in case of an emergency. He had sat them down every night, drilling them on the game plan until it was seared onto their memories. Regulus was sure that even an extra fifty years and a half decent Obliviate couldn't rid him of this schedule.

He had been the one to appoint Jude with a new cover name for the purpose of keeping her identity a secret. While Jude had pointed out that her first name was common enough that it didn't need to be changed, there was a chance her last name would be recognized. Fabian had searched valiantly for a French pureblood family that would be easy enough for her to have distant relations to. In the end, he had chosen Delacour as an alternative to Devereaux in the hope that it would give her a social status boost.

Dorcas, as the most intelligent of the group, was put in charge of disguises. The likelihood that Jude would be recognized were slim but never impossible and it was just too much of a chance to take. Dorcas had almost perfected a new and improved Glamour Charm that would last all night and would be impossible to remove without the wearer's permission. Regulus tried to conceal his impressed expression when the exact magnitude of the girl's skills were shown.

Pandora, who's healing skills were largely useless until there was some damage already done, was just her usual cheery self. What she couldn't give in battle skills or weaponry, she made up for in positivity and glowing smiles. Regulus enjoyed that the most about her. Endless hope was not something that he was used to and Pandora Lestrange had it in abundance.

Teddy had spent the last few days rounding up weapons, in the case of an emergency. When Regulus found him tightening a harness full of throwing knives around Jude's leg, he wondered if either of them planned on anyone making it out of that ballroom alive.