Chapter eleven

Amoras pov

The three of us stood on the sidewalk waiting for the rest of the boys to collect us. We stood in silence, Harry had my suitcase in front of him and one rucksack on his back, and Niall had the other. As I look up the street a black van pulls towards us and Louis was hanging out of the passenger seat.

Easy one today lads no cops.

I knew straight away what he meant. They had been running errands for the family. I look up at Harry who just glared at him. Once pulled up the side door swings open and I hear Zayn say,

Get in.

Harry puts his palm out for me to grab for a boost up. I graciously accept given that I still felt pretty weak. When I stood inside I notice blocks of money and cocaine piled at the back of the van and four hoodies rested on them trying to conceal the evidence from me. Zayn sat on the floor smiling up at me,

Come sit down you look exhausted.

I smile appreciating the small gesture. Sitting beside him I notice Harry closing the door and walking over to Louis and Liam,

You couldnt have dropped this off somewhere?

He says in a hushed tone scolding them.

Fuck sake you wanted us to come quick. You cant have it both ways.

Niall and Harry sit across from me, Harry smoking a cigarette and Niall was glaring at me. I was guessing because I looked like a mess and he had just seen me in a bad way.

So has Lexi said anything to you?

I hear Zayn whispering into my ear. Smiling a little I say,

She told me you were together last night she seems happy.

We both sit back in silence. Everyone was silent in the van all concentrating on their things. Blood was still trickling out of the cut above my left eyebrow, my head was still banging. I just needed to lie down. The van stops and Louis and Liam jump out and open the backdoors. I knew straight away where I was, we were in the parking lot of my brother Roccos nightclub. Outside I could hear two very familiar voices. I needed to cover my face I look around and see all the hoodies are still on the blocks of money and coke.

Zayn can you reach over and get me one of the hoodies.

I whisper not wanting anyone to say my name too loud. He reaches over and places the black hoodie on my knees. I slip it over my shoulders and make sure the hood is covering my head. Harry stood up and came towards me,

We will be 5 minutes Zayn and Niall are staying here in the van.

I nod hoping he wouldnt say anything about me. He hops around the driver's side and slips out the door. The blocks of money and coke were blocking the back door so we couldnt see out. All I could hear was muffled voices when suddenly I hear someone beginning to shout. I couldnt understand what they were saying. The blocks began to get pulled out letting more natural sunlight into us. Eventually, I could see the faces of Big Boy and Petey. There are both Roccos right-hand men, he relied on everything for them. Petey and I went way back he used to pick me up from kindergarten so I couldnt let him recognize me at all. Once all the blocks were lifted everything was clear, Louis and Liam stood with Rocco and Miles. Fuck I needed to pray that they wouldnt come in here at all. There was no sign of Harry though anywhere. I could feel Zayn lightly touch my hand and whisper.

Dont worry we will be leaving soon.

It was sweet how much he cared and how oblivious he was that this was my life. I spent days as a child running around warehouses full of money and drugs. I played with the prostitutes that were brought into the club because that was my life. Suddenly I notice Miles climbing into the van saying,