a long way down

tw: gore, mentions of child abuse, blood.

(a/n: lightly edited. I kinda gave up on the beginning part so please point out spelling or grammar errors)

bold: writing

'single quotation': thoughts

"underlined quotation": telepathy

slanted/italics: memories.

underlined: underlined sentences are basically commands and thoughts of those who's thoughts are still completely controlled by the mask.

single quotation dialogue is basically belongs to a person who isn't a mask or has gained a bit of freedom from the command and can retain their own thoughts..

.

.

.

.

~" 𝘴𝘺𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘺 "~

◤━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━◥

Previously

"Come on." She said cooly, holding the door open for him, a gesture Butcher mask smiled at faintly.
Even after killing a man, she had the courtesy to hold a door open.

They exited the room in silence, one thinking about the defective mask and the other about the blurry man who had defended him before vanishing so many years ago.

Yuri came rushing over a minute later, looking as peppy as could be and blissfully unaware of the images pounding in Butcher mask's head.

"Mayu, we can make some new allies!" She pointed excitedly at something around the corner.

.

.

.

The both of them flinched away at her outburst in the dull mood that was starting to settle. She ushered them to another blank wall, much like all the other ones in the series of stair-less buildings, but a sloppily made poster was taped up.

'GATHERING ALLIES - WE HOPE TO SOLVE THE SITUATION PEACEFULLY.' It read across the top in boxy Japanese.

'It's obviously a trap.'

'No shit, man.' Butcher mask tried hard not to roll his eyes any farther into his head and raised his notepad to express his concerns about Yuri's risky idea.

"Amazing, right?" Yuri said, practically beaming at the idea like a kid at the candy store before mumbling on with hard-to-miss excitement. She jabbed a critical finger at the poster again. "I figured they must be people like us who really just want to try and do something about this world!"