Part 4/10

Oikawa and I had came up with zero ideas throughout the entire class period. We were both stumped, this was going to be a fairly difficult topic, especially since the request was so specific. 

"Well we could– mm, no." Oikawa thought out loud.

"I mean, we could probably...I dunno." I responded with an out loud thought of my own.

The bell rang again, signaling the last class of the day was over. Students immediately started packing up their things and rushing out of the class, glad to finally be done with class for the day. Oikawa and I started to do the same. As he reached up to slide his messenger bag strap over his head, his shirt came up the slightest bit. Not enough to show his abs or anything, but I saw his bellybutton and part of his v-line and that was enough to make me almost pass out.

"Oh! By the way, we should exchange numbers so that we can talk later to work on the project." He said, pulling his phone out of his back pocket.

I nodded in agreement, pulling out my own cellphone and pulling up my contacts. He handed me his phone and I handed him mine. I typed my contact information in to his phone and he did the same with my own. After he handed me my phone back, he hurried out of the classroom, saying something about being late for volleyball practice.

I looked down at his contact where he'd typed in his name as 'Oikawa💕' and I raised an eyebrow. What the hell? Did he like...know I thought he was cute or something? I mean I figured he probably got that a lot but damn. I decided to think nothing more about it and finished packing up my stuff before walking out of the classroom to walk home.

Chloe and Tyler were waiting for me at the gate, and we all walked to the train station together, going our separate ways from there. I found out on the way there that Chloe would sometimes ride the train to Shiratorizawa to go spend some time with Tendou after his practice. From there, I walked in the opposite direction of Tyler. I was about 15 minutes away from my house, which wasn't too bad, but it looked like it was going to rain soon and I really wouldn't like to walk home in the rain, especially without an umbrella.

I had been walking for about five minutes when I suddenly felt raindrops flick onto my skin and start to drench my dark brown hair. I groaned aloud as it began to pour. I ran to a covered bench beside the sidewalk, hoping the rain would hold off long enough that I could get home without having to sprint.

It had been almost thirty minutes and the rain didn't seem to be stopping any time soon. I texted my mom to tell her I was stuck in the rain, but I'd be home soon.

"Oh hey, it's the cutie from art class! What a surprise." I heard a fairly familiar voice say. My head shot up to see Oikawa standing under an umbrella, waving and smiling at me as he came closer.

I stood up off the bench, only slightly looking up in order to meet his gaze. "Nice to see you again, Oikawa." I said, returning the smile but not giving way to any ideas just like earlier. Honestly he was a nice guy, but...I dunno he kinda seemed like a bit of a narcissist?

He stood there awkwardly for a few moments as a silence of sorts fell between us, only the rain prevailing with noise. He looked up at his umbrella, then back at me. "Well...it's raining. And you don't have an umbrella, so...would you like me to walk you home?" He asked, putting his free hand into his pocket.

I bit my lower lip in thought, before nodding my head and moving to stand under the umbrella with him, our arms touching together in order for the both of us to completely be out of the rain. "Shall we?" I asked, looking up at him. He smiled softly at me and nodded, "We shall."

"So Madison...tell me about yourself. Just so we can get to know each other. We are going to be working on a project together for a while, after all." Oikawa said after a few minutes of walking quietly. I wasn't minding the silence, but talking made it a bit less awkward to say the least.

"Well first off Oikawa, you can just call me Maddie. And to tell you a few things, I really like art, I absolutely despise math, I love cats, and I'm really good at making spaghetti." I finished, satisfied with my answer.

Oikawa seemed to be satisfied too since he nodded thoughtfully before speaking again. "Well...if I can call you Maddie, then you can call me Tooru. That is my first name after all. I suppose we don't have to be so formal now that we've been acquainted. And I guess a few things about me are I love volleyball, I don't really care for history all that much, I like cats and dogs, and I can't really say I'm a good cook but I like baking milk bread!" He said cheerfully, a content smile on his face.

I nodded, mimicking his reaction to my previous response. "Well do you enjoy art? I mean I guess you at least like it more than music class since you could have picked it as your elective instead." I remarked, trying to keep the conversation going. I had a feeling that this was a side of him that not many people knew. A less flirty, more softer side to Oikawa Tooru. And I'd only known him for a day.

"Yeah, I guess I like art. I've always been good at it, but honestly I've just never had a whole ton of time to pursue anything with it because of well...y'know, volleyball." He replied, taking his hand out of his pocket to tousle and mess with his hair. It looked so soft.

I just nodded again in response and our silence resumed for the rest of the walk to my house.

"Well, this is me." I said as we approached my house's porch. Oikawa looked up at the medium-sized home and smiled softly. "Oh, this is your place? I walk past here every day on my way to school and wonder who lives here. Really like what you guys did with the place."

"Oh, thanks. And um...thanks for walking me home. I really didn't wanna have to walk home in the rain."

"It was no problem! I'll see you around Maddie, you cutie. That's what I'll call you, Little Cutie! It's perfect!" He beamed, throwing up a peace sign before walking down the porch steps and around the corner.