Part 5/10

I opened the door of my house, where my dad was rushing through the house, getting ready to leave for work. He's a police officer and he works the night shifts a lot. Tonight is one of those nights.

I could smell something cooking in the kitchen, and figured my mom was cooking dinner for the four of us before dad had to run off to work.

Speaking of the four of us, my younger brother Brady came thundering down the stairs. He's a first year in high school now, which means he gets to torment me at school now too.

"Maddie, I saw that boy who walked you home! Is he your boyyyfriend?" Brady asked, wiggling his eyebrows with a smirk. I glared at him. "If you don't shut up I'll curb stomp you, brat." I hissed in a quiet tone, trying to get him to quiet down.

No offense to my dad, but he could be pretty protective when it came to boys, especially potential boyfriends, he is very protective of me. My mom is similar in this way, but she's not as bad. Brady knows this, and uses it to his advantage when it comes to torturing me.

Brady gasped. "He is your boyfriend, isn't he? Or he's at least a crush, right? Maddie's got a crush, Maddie's got a crush, Maddie's got a–"

Before he was able to finish his terrible performance, I proceeded to punch my brother in the face.

"OUCH! What was what for?!" He asked in a pained voice, holding the side of his face where I'd landed my hit.

"That one was for good measure. Do you want another one for singing so horribly?" I asked, arching a brow at him. He shook his head with slightly teary eyes and I pushed past him to go upstairs to my room.

I sighed as I finally was able to put my bag down and lay on my bed. Today was so tiring. I wasn't even hungry, I could just sleep at this point.

Bzzt Bzzt

I heard my phone buzz. I took it out of my back pocket as I flopped onto my day bed to check my messages. It was from a new groupchat I'd been added to that consisted of Chloe, Tyler, and two other people's numbers that I didn't know.

Chloe✌
Hey guys! Satori and I made us all a groupchat :p

Unknown
Yeah! Now we can all talk together!^^

Tyler💫
You two...🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Unknown 2
Someone please explain why I was added to this? I'm already in enough groupchats as it is thanks to Bokuto-san

Unknown
Oh come on, Akaashi! This is cool! Plus, we can meet Chloe-chan and Tyler-chan's new friend! Helloooo!

Mads🌱
Um...hi?

Unknown
The new friend speaks! Nice to meet you, I'm Tendou Satori :3 I'm Chloe's boyfriend!

Mads🌱
Oh, nice to meet you! I've heard a lot about you :)

Tendou
Oh really?

Chloe✌
Dammit Mads, you blew my cover😆

Tyler💫
🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

Unknown 2
🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Tyler💫
Mads, that's ^ Keiji Akaashi, a good friend of mine.

Akaashi
A good friend?🤔

Chloe✌
HhMMMmMmMM🧐

Tendou
🧐🧐🧐