Part 8/10

A/n: Okay so like we're two parts away from finishing this story??? Um that's crazy. Anyways I might do a spinoff of this story from either Chloe's POV or Tyler's. Lemme know what you guys think! Anyways enjoy.

________________________________________________________________________________

It had been almost a month since the steamy moment between Oikawa and I in the unisex bathroom. I was a little embarrassed to say the least, and I felt as though Oikawa was as well. 

It was almost time for our art projects to be turned in and presented for a grade, but Oikawa and I still hadn't thought up a single idea. We were stuck. 

I felt awkward as I sat on the stool beside him, picking at one of my fingernails. To keep myself from picking at it, I pulled the sleeves of my knitted sweater over my hands. 

I didn't want to meet his eyes. I tried to avoid him as best I could in classes. I was just stressed about the whole thing, terrified that he possibly hated me for kissing him. Even though his words kept echoing in my brain, another part of my brain reminded me that Tooru was known to be a player. Of course he wouldn't mind a steamy kiss from his art project partner. 

Probably the only difference between us was...

That when I kissed him,

I actually meant it.

"Um Mads-chan! Hellooo? Maddie. Maddie!" Tooru's voice caught me off guard and snapped me out of my worry spiral in an instant. 

"Hmm? What's up?" I asked him, my voice still sounding a bit entranced.

"Can we...Can we talk after class? It'll only be for a minute, I just really need to speak to you." he stated, frankly sounding a bit nervous.

I bit my lip in nervousness, instantly beginning to feel nauseous. I gave him a small nod and replied with a "Yeah, sure." before turning in my seat and pulling out my sketchbook. Drawing could maybe help calm my nerves, and possibly help me brainstorm as well.

I looked around the room, surveying it to find something interesting to sketch. That's when my eyes landed on the brunette, who was boredly scrolling through an art project ideas post on Tumblr. I found myself smiling a bit as I began to sketch out a head, using light pencil strokes.

I focused on the details on his face, like the way his lips curved slightly as his chocolate eyes scanned his phone screen for ideas, the light of his phone illuminating his skin slightly.

Suddenly he glanced over at me, who was currently staring at him while also being in the process of sketching his beautiful face. I looked away quickly, not wanting him to think I was a creep or something.

But that's when I felt him move closer to me and lean his head on my shoulder to look at my drawing. I felt small strands of his fluffy hair tickling the bare skin of my neck. 

"Ooh, is that me? Mads-chan, I'm honored! You should've told me though so I could've done a cool pose." he finished with a small pout. I just rolled my eyes with a small smile.

"Next time Kawa, I'll let you do your pose. Promise. Who knows, maybe the next project we do will be portraits." I replied, finishing off the sketch with some light shading. It actually looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.

"Ooh okay! Sounds good to me, Mads-chan. Maybe you can take some pictures of me as references too! I like taking pictures." he said with a smile, holding up a peace sign.

And that's when the idea hit me.

"Tooru, you're a genius!" I exclaimed, slightly grabbing him by the shoulders.

He furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Huh? Whaddaya mean? Like, I know I'm a genius, but please do elaborate."

"Okay so," I began. "Some of my friends are in relationships, right? And we're allowed to use any art media, right? That also includes photos."

"Sooo...you're saying we pick random stock images of people kissing?" he asked, obviously oblivious to my plan.

I gave him a deadpan look. "No, idiot. We're gonna take pictures of my friends doing cliché couple shit! And then we're gonna present it! We're literally gonna just take pictures of high school couples doing dumb high school couple shit. Kapeesh?"

That's when his eyes lit up with understanding. "Ohhhh, now  you're making sense! I like that idea, lets do it!" he said smiling brightly. 

Soon, class was over. I had almost forgotten that Tooru wanted to talk after class due to our lightbulb moment. The classrooms had already cleared out by the time Oikawa walked over to me, his bag slung over his shoulder. My heart dropped to my stomach.

"So..." I said, nervously shifting from foot to foot. "What did you wanna talk about?" I had a feeling I already knew what this was about, but I was really trying to prolong it for as long as possible.

"Well..." he said back, rubbing his neck nervously. "I wanted to talk about what happened a few weeks ago. The truth is, I haven't been able to get it off of my mind. Every time I see you I just...I can't stop thinking about how you made me feel." he finished, his face becoming more serious with each word he spoke.

"Disgusted? Yeah, I get that." I said half-jokingly, trying to play it off as a joke to ease my nerves. But Oikawa apparently wasn't having that.

"No, actually," he interjected, replying immediately after I had gotten my last word out. "I'm not even going to lie about this, I...I liked  it. As in...I really liked it. Just like how..." he trailed off.

"Just how I think that I like you." he said, barely over a whisper. 

I let out a small gasp, words not being able to make their way out of my mouth.

"And I know what you're probably thinking, trust me." he continued. "I know you probably think that I only want you as a rebound or something, but...I feel like I've gotten to know you so well this past month. And at this point my feelings feel so much more than just a flirty sort of fling towards you. I...I don't think that I just like you. I think...I think I'm in love with you, Mads-chan. And I understand completely if you say no. I know that my image when it comes to relationships probably isn't the best, but I promise I'm not like that. You've gotten to see the real me since day one. I'm not just some heartless player, I have feelings too. And right now all my feelings are saying yes. I'm saying yes. I want to hold you in my arms. I want to give you the best hugs I can offer. I want to kiss your sweet lips. I want..to be your everything. And I know this sounds completely stupid, but I just didn't think I could keep from saying it much lon-"

"You just never shut up, do you? Let me help." I interrupted with a small smirk before grabbing the sides of his face and pulling him in for a deep kiss.

We stayed there for a moment, seemingly frozen in awe of one another. Our lips slowly moved in sync, molded together in a passionate masterpiece.

When we finally pulled apart for air, Oikawa immediately beamed.

"So...is that a yes?" he asked carefully.

"Of course, dummy."

________________________________________________________________________________

A/n: The next chapter is gonna be their photoshoot...gahhhh I'm so excited ^^