1- The news- I

Elora's pov. 

I shut my diary and keep it in my safe drawer. Getting up from my desk I stretch out my body and yawn. I walk out to the window and look down at the busy city of Mumbai, the noise of cars honking and the drill from the metro filled the air. I shut the window and make my way to the mirror, to look into my reflection.

I look in my grey eyes, my delicate nose and plump, kissable lips. The girl in front of me looks beautiful, no doubt.

'But they still don't love you'... whispered a voice in my head.

Anyway, I then tie my black straight hair in a bun, in such a way that my rainbow highlights are not visible to anyone.

I change into my nightdress and jumped on my bed. Closing my eyes I think of today's events.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback:

I made my way downstairs for breakfast, in a short Kurti and jeans. My hair was tied into a bun with my highlights hidden from my parent's eyes. I also covered up all my tattoos with concealer today because of my sleeveless Kurti, otherwise, they will question, why I always wear full sleeves.

I sat at the dining table waiting for the kitchen staff to bring breakfast. My parents came in and sat down, ignoring my presence, again.

Then my sister made her way out of her room. She came in a short nightgown that hardly covered anything and muttered a good morning to my parents. They looked at her smiling and said 'Good morning' in their cheerful voice.

No one bothered to wish me. As always.

Everybody started eating without saying anything, then suddenly midway dad cleared his throat, to gain our attention.

I look up and waited for him to speak.

"So, there is a marriage proposal sent by my best friend Ryan Anderson. He wants his son to marry one of my daughters, and we said yes."

"But Dad, I still have to complete my studies, I can't marry now. Ask Elora to marry him." My twin sister, Eeesha said, in her annoying voice.

"We have decided the same because Eesaha still has to study, Elora will marry him. And she has even completed her studies, is that fine with you Elora?" He asks.

I sat there speechless. How can they do this to me? I know I have finished studying but I can't marry anyone. what about my profession. No, they can't do this. I can't do this.

I was bought back from thoughts by my dad's voice calling my name.

"What no. I can't do this dad. I am still too young to marry anyone." I said.

"Beta,", he called out, "listen to us, he is a good boy. He will keep you happy. We only want what's good for you, ok. We love you a lot. You won't disappoint us, right?" Dad said/ asked in a soft voice. I know what he is trying to do. He is using his special voice, the one he uses when he wants to persuade me.

But dammit, the hope in his eyes when he was looking at me. It can't be unseen. Will they love as much as Eesha, if I agree to marry him? Will I finally make them proud? Because just once in my life. I want to make them proud. If so I will do it in a second.

Then I spoke the words, that will seal away my freedom forever.

"Ok, I am ready," I said.

Just like that, without knowing anything about him.

My life is truly fucked.

~~~~~~~~~~flashback over~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Words - 610