7 - wedding jitters and decisions

Elora's pov.

Sitting at the dresser, dressed in a lengha of the lightest shade of pink, I stared at myself.

Thinking of the 'what if's ' in my decision. But I quickly shake off the thoughts and focus on the future.

I will be a married woman today.

If someone told me this a few weeks earlier, I would have laughed at their face and flipped them off. But yet, here I am today.

Doing all this just for my parent's approval and love.

No child should fight or prove themselves for their parent's love.

Now I am suffering.

I just had one wish, seriously.

I only wanted my parents to say that they love me.

Only me.

I didn't want them to say, 'we love you, both.'

I only wanted them to say 'I love you.'

I blinked my eyes rapidly to get rid of the unshed tears, at the thought of yesterday.

~~~~~~~~~flashback, yesterday~~~~~~~~~~

I walk down to my parent's room to talk to them about, my feelings, my jitters and all the stuff girls talk about before their marriage.

Honestly, this is just an excuse for me to talk to them.

In all the wedding preparations, I never got to talk to them. It's not like I talked much with them. But still, our usual, casual talks were not there.

I knock on the door but didn't get a reply.

I knocked again and waited. This time mom opens the door and groggily asks me what I want.

"Ma, I just wanted to talk to you guys about everything. Tomorrow is my wedding and all na."

"Elora, baccha, your father and I both are sleeping now. We have to wake up early and prepare everything tomorrow for the wedding. Even you go and sleep, we will talk tomorrow. Ok? " she replies and closes the door without my reply. I felt hurt but, tried to understand their point of view, and try to make myself understand, that they are just tired.

I nod and start going back.

I felt her presence before I saw her.

My dear sister was standing there, with her arms crossed and a smug look on her face.

I gave her a confusing look and tried to move beside her, but she stopped my way.

I had enough and finally snapped at her,

"What?"

"Tsk- tsk, dear sister. I feel bad for you. You have always been hurled away like trash, even my parents- oops our parents don't want you, that's the reason they are hurrying to marry you to their friend's son. Like they couldn't even bother to find someone, especially for you." She said in a sickly sweet voice.

My face was emotionless, But from the inside, I was planning ways to torture her. I never had a good relationship with her but, I never knew that she hates me so much. And she does not even know who Reyansh is. Hmm, interesting.

I was lost in my thoughts that I did not even hear half of what she was spewing.

"-Hello! I am talking to you. God this girl is deaf as well. I pity her husband."