4 - Memories

Elora's pov.

I sigh as I look down at my family gathered in the hall. All of them sitting together, laughing and chit-chatting. But where is the person whose wedding they are invited to?

It's my wedding.

It's me who's sacrificing my happiness for my parents.

So they could look at me and tell me that they are proud of me.

That they love me.

That they will miss me.

I agreed to this so that I can get my parents attention, even though it's for a little while.

But I was wrong.

So wrong.

They still do not pay attention to me.

They never did.

Because all their lives, they only took care of my sister. Because apparently, she has a weak heart and weak immunity. I remember when they pushed me away because they were taking care of my sister.

Flashback: (Elora is 4 years old)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dada, dada, the teacher said that you have to bring (bring) your dada to sctool (school), we bill (will) have a dada-daughter dance," I say and- expected him to smile at me and say yes. But he looked at me with sadness in my eyes. I was confused as to why he was looking sad.

"Sorry, darling. I can't come with you to school. I already said yes to Eesha because she asked me first. I will come with you next year. OK?"

"But dada, who will go with me then," I say, tears already filling my eyes.

"Darling, she has a weak heart. If I say no to her then, she will be hurt and- will cry, which will not be good for her heart. So I will come next year with you, ok?"

"But-".

"Enough Elora! I said I will go next year with you, did I not? So now go to your room." He said in a stern voice.

I ran to my room and locked the door. Why is he always like this? He is never this mean to Eesha, so why me. Does he not love me enough?

I cried myself to sleep that night and, not even my Mumma bothered to ask me for dinner.

**next day in school**

Everybody has their dad beside them today. They all were laughing and eating with their dads. Everyone but me.

I just sat there in the corner looking at the door. My 4-year-old self, wondering that my dad will, suddenly burst through the door to surprise me.

I waited and waited, but he never came.

Every year, I waited.

But he never came.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was taken back from my memory when my phone rang, playing the 'Wap' as my ringtone.

Everybody looked at me and gave me disgusted looks hearing the ringtone. But I just rolled my eyes at them at went back to my room. I don't care if they are disgusted with it.

I pick up my call without checking my caller Id and casually say, 'Hello'

" Hello beta, I am your future MIL. I just wanted to talk to you." A sweet voice from the other voice said.

"Ah, MIL. Anyway, can I call you aunty?" I ask, my voice was unsure.

" Of course darling. You can call me ma."

"Oh," I say but don't make any move to answer her question. I then think it's the right time to tell her off. I mean, she probably thinks that I am some goody two shoes.

I was about to speak when my mom's voice stopped me. then without me telling her, she barges inside my room.

She comes close to me and, in a hushed tone asks, "who is on the phone?"

"It's my MIL", I say in a sweet sarcastic voice, but she does not catch it and snatches the phone away from me and starts talking about all the wedding preparations and stuff.

I zone out and start thinking about random stuff when my mothers' loud laughter gains my attention.

"- No, no, Elora obviously wants this marriage. We will never force her into anything. And she is so excited to take this next step in life."

I frown at her but, she just dismisses me and continues talking. I roll my eyes and try to take the phone from her hand but, she jerks back and glares at me to stay back. I oblige, like a good little girl.

After some time, she bids her farewell and turns towards me.

"What was that about?" she asks me in a harsh voice.

I just shrug in response, and her glare intensifies.

" Now listen here, and listen well. I don't want any complaints from your MIL or their family after marriage. Be good and behave, your father is working very hard to give you a grand wedding. Please behave, and don't create any trouble before or after this marriage. Understood? " she said, and I gave her a bored look but nodded nonetheless.

I don't even know why I agreed to this marriage and, now I am just regretting it.

My mother gives me another mean look and leaves my room.

I sigh in relief and then start, wondering how the boy I will be marrying looks. Yes, I know I am marrying him, and I don't actually know him. But mom said that she would give me the photos later.

I think she forgot.

Never mind, I quickly open my Mac book and google his name. I open the images and, holy hell-

He looks fine as fuck. And in no way is he a boy. He is a grown-ass man.

' A handsome grown-ass man though' my mind says, but I ignore it.

I then go back towards the main page and open the first tab. I read through the information and gasp when I realise he is, The Reyansh Anderson. The most affluent person in the world.

How the hell did I not notice this. Shit, I think I am going lousy. I need to catch up with my work.

I shake my head and focus on the situation at hand. I huff out a breath and rub my hands over my face in frustration. Because I just realised that his man, even though he is total eye candy, is still a jerk, arrogant and self-obsessed man, according to the media.

Many girls will do anything to marry him, but I could do anything- to not marry him. He will just give me problems in my life and job.

I growl lowly, as I understand how fucked up my mind was when I agreed to my parents about marrying, anyone for that matter. Well, now I just have to go through this.

Because I am entering a new phase in my life. I believe this is my fate. So I have to go through this. I don't see any other option, so I will have to face the challenges thrown into my life.

Challenges and new life, here I come. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~

words - 1420