Chapter 6

A/N Last chapter, i hop you had enjoyed the short fanfiction

"Put the gun down, Lilith, you're not going to shoot your own father, are you?" asked Robert.
"I'm not?" she asked him back, pointing the gun at him before looking back at Thomas. "Why did you shoot him?" Her voice was shaking and her eyes were filled with tears.
"How else was I supposed to get you away from him?" he asked, moving closer to her.
"You borrowed money from him, he didn't actually do anything wrong," she explained and for the first time she realized it was the truth, "You gave me to him."
"That's ridiculous. Do you have feelings for him?" he asked incredulously. Lilith looked down and noticed that his breathing was getting weaker. With every second that passed, they were losing important time. She looked at him coldly and lowered her gun before pulling the trigger and shooting him in his leg. She placed the gun next to her and reached into his jacket to pull out his smartphone.
"Hello? I need an ambulance urgently, my husband was shot in the chest and so were the police, the shooter is still near us but he's injured." She put his phone away and leaned over him.
"You can't die, Thomas. I have to make your life a living hell after all," she said, laughing sadly. In the distance, she heard the sirens and Lilith looked up to see her father lying on the floor holding his leg.
At the hospital, she paced back and forth. He had already been in surgery for several hours. Two of his closest men were also there, their dress and hands were bloody, but she couldn't care less. Her father was also in surgery, but had been out of surgery for a long time and two policemen were standing outside his room door. Lilith blamed herself for what had happened, after all, if she hadn't stormed out, he wouldn't have been able to shoot Thomas. The woman he had spoken to earlier came and introduced herself as Elizabeth, the wife of Paul, one of Thomas' co-workers. She had brought a change of clothes and some food for them, but Lilith shook her head.
"Please you have to eat something and change, Thomas wouldn't want that," she said gently.
"It's all my fault. I saw you and thought, I don't even remember what I was thinking and rushed out, if he hadn't followed me he wouldn't be in surgery now," she explained and sat down on the chair.
"It wasn't your fault or Thomas' fault and he'll be fine, but you need to eat and change now. Do it for him." Lilith finally nodded and went to the restrooms to change. She washed the blood off her hands and looked at herself in the mirror. Her hair was a mess and her makeup had run. She grabbed a cloth and removed it before running her fingers through her hair. After a few minutes, she went back and took a sip of the water before lying down on the seats and letting her eyes fall shut.
"Mrs. Hiddleston?" a voice woke her up and when she opened her eyes she saw the doctor who had operated on Thomas in front of her. She quickly sat up and stood, "Mrs. Hiddleston, your husband is fine, we were able to remove the bullet without any complications."
"May I see him?" she asked excitedly, not correcting the doctor. She nodded and led her to his room.
"But please note that he needs a lot of rest right now," she explained and left. Lilith took a deep breath before stepping into the room. Lying on his back and looking at her when he heard the door, Thomas smiled weakly.
"I'm glad to see you. Were you hurt, darling?" he asked gently and she shook her head before bursting into tears, "Why are you crying? I'm fine."
"I'm so sorry, Thomas," she said and he took her hand to pull her to him so she could sit on the edge of the bed.
"What are you sorry for?" He stroked the back of her hand gently with his thumb.
"For being so angry, and if it hadn't been for me, my father wouldn't have been able to shoot you." For a moment he seemed to process her words before releasing her hand and gently taking her cheek.
"None of that was your fault, Lilith. Besides, I can understand why you acted the way you did. I should never have entered into that contract." -Lilith looked at in confusion before continuing to speak- "I don't want you for just a day, a week, a month, or a year. I want you by my side forever, of your own free will." She looked at him and smiled before leaning down and kissing him softly.
"I want that too."