The Start of Something...

After practice, nothing eventful happened... other than Tsukishima's realization of his crush, but he decided to bury that crush far down beneath hell, but sadly, it didn't last very long. Not as long as he wanted to, but it was safe to say that it was his fault. 

I mean... what was he supposed to do?

It all started on that weekend, Tsukishima was on his way to a sweet shop, maybe to relax and eat strawberry shortcake, maybe listen to some music, but then he saw Kags coming from a nail spa, which was kinda hilarious. "Hey King, getting pampered?" Tsukishima teased. Kageyama looked towards him and shrugged. "I file my own nails, but they are more professional. Nothing wrong with a bit of self-care."

Tsukishima looked at his hands the closer Kags came towards and held in a chuckle. "Painted black?" Tsukishima asked. It was actually adorable on him, to be honest. Kags blushed and looked away, stopping in front of Tsukki. "Um, one of the ladies suggested it... and I didn't mind," Kags explained. "Makes you look emo," Tsukishima commented, earning himself a glare. "Where are you going? It's late into the afternoon." Kags asked, mostly to change the subject. "Going to a bakery to eat strawberry cheesecake," Tsukishima told him. 

He didn't know why he told him, maybe to make conversation. 

Not because his heart was beating faster and he wanted to look at Kags hands more. 

Nope. 

Just friendly conversation. 

"What's that?" Kags asked, and Tsukishima nearly killed him. 

WHO DOESN'T KNOW WHAT STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE IS?

"Have you been living under a rock or are you just that stupid?" Tsukishima asked, genuinely. "I'm asking a serious question. Is it really cheese or something?" Kags asked, not understanding why Tsukishima was taking offense to the question. 

...

"Come on. You're going with me to eat this dessert and you are going to like it!" Tsukishima said determinedly, pulling Kags by the wrist. "All you have to do is tell me about it!" Kags told him, struggling in Tsukishima's hold. Tsukishima held on tightly and after a while, Kags gave up fighting and decided to let Tsukki pull him where ever they were headed. 

It wasn't a far walk, only five minutes of walking until they walked into a bakery. Kags saw the display of cakes, pies, cookies, and muffins. The shop smelled like freshly cooked bread that made Kags slightly hungry. He didn't hear Tsukishima's order since he was looking at the display of sandwiches and beverages near the counter, but he was forced to sit at a table while they wait. 

"What did you order?" Kags asked. "Just something for us to eat. No need to thank me. You were drooling over the food and I heard your stomach rumbled." Tsukishima said. "I wasn't drooling!" Kags argued but blushed about his stomach rumbling. He was going to eat when he got home, but Tsukishima prevented that, so it was his fault. 

He saw Tsukishima look at his hand again, this time taking and looking closer. "Is this the first time you gotten your nails painted?" Tsukishima asked. "No, but it's the first someone known about it. I usually have it for a few days, then take it off before practice." Kags explained, ignoring how Tsukishima was still holding his hand. "You should leave it on," Tsukishima commented, though rather quietly as if he was speaking his thoughts than suggesting it. 

"Oh yeah?" Kags asked, getting Tsukishima's attention. Tsukishima looked at Kags, taking in those blue eyes, and silently curse how pretty it was. "Yeah," Tsukishima answered, still looking at Kags. Their hands were still linked together and they both waited for the other to pull away, but neither did.