Leaving in the middle of seggs

A little thing: my school play has 2 characters, named Ash and Kai, and they confess their love for each other in a scene. Also, I win, cuz my school is having a gender neutral play 🥳

Ash's POV

"Where's Dipper?" I ask Kai as he shuts his locker. "I don't know, he sprinted out of class and he probably sprinted home."

He pulled me in and kissed me. "Shall we go?" I nodded. We walked out of the doors and to his car. It's a beat-up black Honda civic. It looks bad on the outside but on the inside it's decked out. We put pins on the ceiling, air fresheners, and a little dancing flower on the dashboard.

"Wendy's on the way home?" I ask. "Hun, moneys tight."

"Oh, well never mind then." I say. He puts his hand on my thigh as he pulls onto the main road. "How about we get a large fry and split." I nodded. I plug my phone into the aux and start playing Hamilton. "Again?!"

"Oh please, you love it.~" I say. He grumbled but kissed my cheek.

^

He turned down the music and pulled up to the speaker. "Order whenever you're ready."

"Uh, I'll have a large fry please. That's all."

"Okay, your total is 2.36 at the first window." We drive up and he hands the lady 3 dollars. She gives him his change and receipt. We go to the next window and the guy hands us the bag.

"Give me a soft one." He says, pulling onto the main road. I search the bag and give him a fry. "Shit!"

"Babe they're gonna be hot." He flicked me off and kept driving. We ended up finishing the fries before we got home.

We got home, grabbed our bags, and walked into the house. Well, apartment.

He twirled me around and kissed me. "I love you."

"I love you too." I say putting my backpack by the table.

"Alright. We got enough for spaghetti or we can have leftovers." He asked, looking in the fridge.

"Spaghetti. Rick and Morty or Merlin?"

"Rick and Morty." I grabbed the remote and sat on the couch, pulling up Hulu. Kai came over with two popsicles. He handed one to me and put his arm around me. We watched Rick and Morty for a little bit. I noticed that Kai kept staring at me while I ate my popsicle.

"What?" I asked. He looked back at the TV, "Nothing."

"Mhm. You think it's hot don't you~?"

"Babe. Don't. You know we cant."

"Oh come onnnn! It's not fair!"

"Babe. It's the law." He says, pausing the show.

"Fuck the law. I should be able to do stuff with you. We've been dating for 2 years, it's not like I met you after you turned 18. Plus, if we did, I wouldn't tell anybody."

He held my hands, "I know sweetheart, but I don't wanna get charged with anything. We can wait a couple more months."

"My birthday's in December. Yours is in August. It's not fair!" He kissed me to shut me up. "Help me make spaghetti and no funny business."

I walked into the kitchen but turned around to see Kai looking at his phone. "Uh, I gotta take this." He said, walking outside quickly. Okay, weird. I get out the spaghetti and put a pot filled with water on the stove. I put away some dishes and cleaned the counters.

Kai came back in, looking irritated. "I'm sorry sweetie. I have a work thing, I gotta go. He kissed me on the cheek, grabbed his shoes and left.

He always leaves like this for no reason. One time we were in the middle of having sex and he had to leave. I get that work is important, but you can stay a little bit until I finish. When I called him out for it, he said that I wouldn't understand because I work for myself. We didn't talk for a while after that. I know he didn't mean it, he was just mad.

I took out my phone and dialed a number. Someone picked it up, "what!"

"Shit, calm down Mack."

"Sorry, some fucker made me break my kill streak. What do you want?"

"I was calling Cas to chat. I didn't know you two were hanging out."

"Look, just because you live with your boyfriend doesn't mean other people can't hang out." She snapped.

"I-"

"Mack, give me the damn phone....Hey, sorry about them. What's up?"

"Kai left, would you guys be able to come over for spaghetti, I can't eat all of it."

"Sure man, let me ask my dads. I'll text you if I can, Mack's trying to smash the TV. Byeeee!" She hung up the phone and I went back to making spaghetti.

^

"Knock knock!" Cas said as her and Mack entered.

"How the hell did you get in?"

"Key under the mat. Come on, that is so basic. I'm surprised you haven't been robbed yet."

"Uh, I was promised food." Mack said. Cas hit Mack's arm. "This is domestic abuse." Mack complained.

"Spaghetti on the table, I gotta check my computer."

"Oooo, big streamer."

"Fuck off."