[A Final Note]

Why hello there, Dearest Reader! Thank you for coming on this adventure with me!

This is my first science fiction story. People often wonder where authors get their ideas for their work, so I thought I would swoop in at the end to give an unsolicited answer to that question, because other writers might be inspired by the method behind the madness!

One year, for Camp NaNoWriMo (look it up if you haven't heard of it!), my two writing friends and I decided to do something unique. Each of us would create a character, and each of us would generate a prompt or setting. The third person would then get a random character and a random setting and would base their Camp project on those two completely unrelated ideas.

Unfortunately, I no longer have the details that were provided to me verbatim. Something about AnnaQuin07 's prompt put me in mind of solar power, though. It had to do with the sun, I do remember that. And then there was MeganDenner 's input: she created Richard, complete with his career as an aerospace engineer, his unlikeable ex, and his beloved muscle car. These were the seeds that inspired this hot mess of a story. Thank you, my friends!

If you're ever strapped for writing ideas, I highly recommend this "tradesies" game as a fun challenge!

Now that you've seen Richard through to the end of his adventure, are you looking for your next read? You might be interested in a few of my other books!

FOR A LAUGH...Check out True Love and Necromancy, a story about a sorcerer who stumbles into a mission to raise the dead.

FOR A CRY...Try Adrift, a dark retelling of The Little Mermaid, complete with tragic romance.

FOR A THRILL...Brace yourself for The Butcher of Pepper Hill, a branching path adventure that allows you to choose how your story will end.

FOR A FANTASY TALE...Try Blood-Bound, my most popular story! It begins with of a quiet young noblewoman struck by tragedy. Her personal freedom comes at an enormous cost...

AND FOR ANOTHER ADVENTURE WITH AN UNLIKELY HERO...Read Song of Ashes, the story of a young woman who challenges the gods themselves.