Chapter One: Cold Bed

Feeling a slight dip on the bed and slender fingers gliding across his cheeks, Yeosang smiles in his sleep, well, more like while his eyes were closed.

He had developed a mild case of insomnia since his husband started coming home every two to three months. And this is due to business meetings and trips. Remind him why he married the current CEO of Shell Industries? Oh yeah, a beautiful yet stupid thing called Love.

But he always cherished moments like this when he gets to see his husband... before he vanishes off to another continent for weeks.

Slowly opening his eyes, he is met with the ones he loves staring into, the ones he misses so much.

"My love, did I wake you?", a deep yet soft voice whispers. Fingers still caressing his lover's face, he smiles when Yeosang chuckles with a small shake of the head, indicating he didn't disturb his non-existent sleep schedule.

"No Hyunnie, you know about my insomnia. I only got like two hours of sleep", Yeosang sheepishly states, causing Hyunbin to frown a bit.

"I told you to see my therapist. This isn't healthy for you. I booked an appointment for you, twice and you never showed up for them.

Surprised, Yeosang widens his eyes a bit. "H-how did y-you know?" That loose mouth Lee Kwon just can't keep his stupid mouth shut huh?

"Well-", Hyunbin chuckles at his husband's cute expression that resembles an angry kitten. "Kwon's loose mouth told me you bribed him to keep quiet about it. Baby, when did you pick up this character? I thought it was my job to do the bribing".

"Yeah like how you bribed my parents into letting you marry me", Yeosang sneers at him, still keeping his adorable angry kitten face.

Hyunbin bursts out laughing, completely forgetting that it's still 2am in Seoul. Not that Yeosang minds though, they live alone; with a few house staffs, since Hyunbin never lets him do anything around the house.

"H-hey I never did that. We were in love and I had to do something to make you finally mine. Seeing that your dad released the dogs on me on the very first visit, I had to do some sugarcoating and win your hand", he finishes his statement with a smirk.

Yeosang could only roll his eyes. He does remember that very day; he remembers how Hyunbin was sweating so much with his trousers torn from running for too long. He, himself couldn't keep up the angry façade as he laughs out. Hyunbin laughs along with him. Yeosang missed this but it was all about to end soon. Too soon for his liking.

"I love you so much, Yeosang", Hyunbin whispers ever so softly as he grabs Yeosang's chin between his fingers. He is about to kiss his lips but Yeosang turns away. His eyes are already glistening with tears. He knows what is coming and just like months prior, he can't handle it every single time.

Shaking his head as he hears his name being called softly by his husband, Yeosang still refuses to look at him.

No, I don't want to say goodbye. Not again.

Eyes shut tightly and lips trembling, a few tears escape Yeosang's eyes. He doesn't look Hyunbin in the eye nor does he return his promise of love. Hyunbin understands this. It wasn't the first time but he had to leave.

"Baby you know I'll be back right? It's only a few months-"

"Three months is too much! We are married for fuck's sake. You never said it was going to be like this when we got married a year ago. I've endured it but I don't think I can anymore!". Hyunbin is shocked by Yeosang's sudden outburst. He can see his eyes are red and wet from crying.

He opens his mouth to talk but is cut off by Yeosang. "One week is not enough time for me to see you and be with you after months of your absence. I have needs and I need you. When was the last time we made love? Huh? We used to do it all the time when we were dating but now that we're married, you're always tired or busy with some stupid office work"

"Yeosang...", Hyunbin threads carefully, "...is this about... sex?"

Yeosang visibly blushes at this, averting his eyes from his husband. He stutters out, "N-no it's n-not just about s-sex! It's about everything! You always seem d-distant when you're home and everytime we're together like this, I can't help but think you're holding back..."

He looks up at him again, staring deeply into his soul. "When you came back, why didn't you wake me? We haven't done it in a while and normally, you would've woken me up and made love to me... did I do something wrong? Are you upset with me?", he asks with more tears threatening to fall.

Hyunbin sighs and brings Yeosang's hands into his, giving it a light squeeze to reassure him that he's not the problem... he really isn't the problem.

"N-no my love. I'm not upset with you and you didn't do anything wrong. You're so beautiful and perfect, you can never be wrong in my eyes"

"Then w-what is it?"

"It's just that work has been hell lately. With the new branch launch in Africa and our new investors, we have to be on our A game and I, being the CEO, have a huge role to play in all of this"

Already trying to loosen Hyunbin's tie, Yeosang whispers seductively, "That's why you have assistants and reps... they can do all that work for you, Hyunnie"

"It doesn't work like that Yeosang", his head is already spinning from how good Yeosang looks right now with his lustful gaze and their close proximity.

Pulling his tie down, Yeosang whispers against his ear. "I don't care... just stay with me tonight"

He captures his lips in a passionate and hungry kiss. He wants him right now.

If only I could— he reaches his hand toward Hyunbin's crotch —get him to want me too...
Just as soon as he feels him, his hand is pulled away, rather harshly.

Breaking away from the intense kiss, Hyunbin, still holding Yeosang's hand, preventing him from going any further. He gives him an apologetic look and quickly pecks his forehead.

"I have to go, my love. I'm already late"

Yeosang doesn't say anything. He just sits there, eyes cast downwards with a hurt and disappointment look on his face. He feels like a fool. A desperate fool.

Hyunbin straightens his tie and swiftly grabs his suitcase and his suit laying neatly beside Yeosang on the bed. His phone screen lights up, showing he just received a message. Yeosang accidentally sees the text.

It read: from Lexi, "Hyunnie where are you?"

His husband picks up the phone and checks the message. Mumbling, "shit I'm late"

"Bye Yeosang!", he calls out as he leaves their room.

Yeosang doesn't respond. He just lays back down on the once soft bed that has suddenly become cold and uncomfortable.

I must really be a fool.

<<<<>>>>
Aye first chapter is out! I remember writing this and thinking "OMG what am I doing!?" but I'm happy with how it came out. What do you think?