32. Having A Little Fun

With our destination's end getting ever closer, we're all beginning to get a bit restless whenever we make camp for the day. It was getting harder and harder to fall asleep. The fact that it's starting to get warmer as we're now in the first week of March isn't helping either. Pretty soon we're gonna have to find lighter clothes again. Most definitely I do, since I got rid of the clothes I had the previous summer which I am now regretting.

I know it was to save backapack space and whatnot but it would've saved me the trouble of looking for new clothes. That's my second problem I've been dealing with.

The first is that I've been waking up really early for last few days. Always with a sweat. There was no danger present and the weather wasn't even that hot yet but I couldn't go back to sleep. To my surprise neither could Roone. When he saw that I was awake he adjusted his glasses and joined me in the joining room beside our previous one.

We talked amongst ourselves for a couple of hours. It varied from going into more details about our plans, to what new things we wanted to learn. Even what we would do if for some miracle the world was rid of this plague which was not a topic I have ever entertained. Among our discussion was the topic that Riva kept bringing up. Which in truth wasn't even a discussion.

I didn't want to embarrass myself with talking so I quickly counted to three in my head and kissed him.

After his initial shock passed he kissed me back. When we finally pulled away from each other we remained silent for a little while longer. "I know how Riva is going to react obviously but how do you think Fredi will take it?" He asks me which has me smiling inside because he did want to kiss me.

It wasn't just because he didn't want to hurt my feelings. In truth I haven't put it into thought. Fredi never showed any dislike to Roone even in the beginning when we first met. But then he's never voiced anything the way Riva did.

"I don't know honestly. I don't think he'll mind any. But.... I'm thinking more of if we're going to flat out tell them or let them figure it out on their own?" Looking up at him to see if I can guess what he's thinking.

"Well I think we haven't had fun together since we celebrated our one year anniversary of this thing with that little fire we made to mess with their heads. So what do you say, wanna mess with their heads again?"

"Oh definitely, how should we do it?" he knew how to make me smile.

"Pass me a napkin will ya honey?" I try to say with as much sincerity to my voice. This has Fredi choking on his left over wolf and Riva's jaw dropping. I tried to sound a lot nicer than I have before.

"Jesus what is it with you? You had an attitude last day and the day before that. What you on your time of the month or something? Here, and don't ever call me honey." He tosses the napkins at me as we both try to keep our faces straight. Well he does, I try to pout or whatever.

"Woah ok! Bro I'm sure she wasn't giving you an attitude of any kind, so let's just focus on packing up alright and let Huntress and grandpa finish eating." Both of them stand up and toss their paper plates into the fire and started packing their backpacks. Meanwhile Fredi and I are finishing up our meal.

"You alright there Tigress?" He asks gently, almost like I'm gonna take a swipe at him for asking.

"I'll be fine, he just.. I'm trying to be nicer to him, even when he pulls things like he did yesterday." Quickly eating the last spoonfuls of my food I get up to discard my own plate in the fire. Leaving no chance for Fredi to ask what I'm talking about.

Two hours into our travels I hear Fredi talking to Riva. "What the hell did your brother do?!"

"What are you talking about?" I don't risk looking over to anyone.

"Tigress says that she's trying harder to be nice to him even though he did something. Did he say anything to you?" he asks.

"What the fuck? No he didn't say anything. He was quiet the whole time we were packing. Oh my God I'm gonna kill him, I told him not to screw it up."

Silence resumes between us again until Fredi comes back to my side and Riva goes over to talk to his brother. I don't bother trying to listen in on the brother's conversation. But eventually Riva comes to me to talk.

"What up Huntress? Listen, I know you and my brother didn't get off to a great start and I really appreciate you trying to be nicer, which I'm also sorry for how reacted to you when you called him honey. So I guess what I'm saying is that maybe he's just not used to being nice ya know?" he tried to reason.

I can see how he would try to use that logic with me, it does make sense after all. All I can do is just give a little nod so he thinks I'm agreeing with him while mentally I'm crossing the word Honey off my list. It was only going to get worst from here.

As we walked, we found a small shopping center that didn't look too looted so I thought it'd be a perfect place to pick up some stuff. Including clothing for me. It was perfect. The building was very secure, good enough for us to spend the day in but it also had plenty of clothing racks that still had a lot of clothes on. This also gave me an idea for the next thing I wanted to do.

"Hey there Buttercup, I found some t-shirts and pants that might fit me. Need any help taking care of these guys or..."

Right away his shoulders drop and his head tilts back. "Jesus, that's worst than honey. Add that to the list too and you should try them on before you just pack them. You've put on more weight since the last time we've gotten clothes", he replies before going to one of the rooms that has one of them in it.

Simultaneously, Fredi is spewing out his water from his nose while Riva knocks over an entire rack of clothing. Both with a look of shock and my best guess would be fear.

Flashback to the day before

"No, c'mon! It won't be enough if I just call you ridiculous pet names or if they get progessively worst. You need to have some sort of negative reaction too. Especially if we want your brother to come to my rescue." I laugh quietly.

I can see him thinking it over, too much. "Well I don't want to say anything mean. I mean I never have before, even when we weren't too friendly with each other. I don't think it'll be believable."

I roll my eyes.

"Oh my god Roone. First," I hold a finger up to make a point, "I know you won't mean anything you will say for that very reason. You've never said anything mean unless the asshole deserves it, so I promise I won't take anything to heart. Secondly, that is also why this is perfect. All of a sudden I'm being nice and saying these sweet names to you and your response is something mean... Riva and Fredi will be losing their shit for a while before they even notice."

"Just whatever I say to you, you counter it with something snarky. Like well.. ooh! Riva said that one of the shittiest things a guy can do besides tell a woman she has an attitude is tell ask her if the attitude is because she's on her period. Start off with that!" I tell him.

Hello my beautiful readers!

Guess who didn't have to do a lung biospy?! This gal right here (gestures to self with hands)!! From what the docs said, it appears that the chemo therapy is working great because the nodes or lesions on my right lung are no longer there. Yay!

I'm so fucking happy, you have no idea. This whole I had been stressing over how it's going to feel having the operation the same day and hours before my chemo and it was really getting to me. Hearing that today, I had to hold in my scream so I didn't scare the nurses.

So, in my happiness I decided today was perfect for dropping a chapter and one with a little bit of joy as well. Enjoy!