Chapter One, Unexpected Surprises

After seeing the amount of pain Imogen was in, Carlisle's heart bled for her and for the last two days he spent trying to push through the funding faster, and even donated a significant amount to the Hospital just to do it; and he was happy to say he'd been successful. Taking his lunch break he left the hospital and took the five minute car ride to the police station.
"Dr Cullen, what are you doing here? Is everything alright?" Charlie asked, he'd just come out of his office to go pick Imogen up from her Ballet practice.
"Everything is fine thank you Chief. Could I talk to you for a minute?" Carlisle asked politely.
"I was just about to go pick my daughter Imogen up from her Ballet lesson.." Charlie hesitated.
"It's about Imogen and it won't take long." Carlisle assured.

"Okay." Charlie agreed, quickly texting Imogen that he'd be a little late as he led the way back into his office, holding the door for Carlisle.
"Thank you." Carlisle said, entering the office and sitting in one of the chairs in front of Charlie's desk. "I wanted to let you know personally that the funding for Imogen's AJovy injections have gone through." Carlisle stated. He didn't need Jasper's gift to see the shock, happiness and disbelief that showed and mixed together in Charlie's face.
"How -? What-?" Charlie took a deep breath and tried again. "They said they doubted they'd be able to get them." He said confused.
"Yesterday I went to the school with my children to register them when we bumped into Imogen and her friend. Imogen came over with a bad migraine and nearly fell if my son Jasper hadn't caught her.

We caught wind of the conversation between Imogen and her friend and I couldn't stand to see someone in that much pain. My son Jasper was especially taken with Imogen and was very concerned for her and begged me all yesterday evening to help, which I had been planning to. It took a few arguments but I was able to confirm the funding for her." Carlisle explained to the stunned and thankful father.
"I don't know what to say." Charlie said emotionally. "Thank you. Thank you so much Dr Cullen." Charlie said gratefully, shaking the man's hand.
"You're welcome. I'd also like to run some tests to figure out why Imogen has these fits I saw in her file." Carlisle stated.
"Dr Quinn had pretty much given up trying to find a source or a reason, so if you can help my little girl I'd forever be in your debt."