Chapter 20

We stay silent for a minute and I try to grasp what he said.

My heart is beating so fast that it might come out of my rib cage.

"How can you be so sure?" I whisper as soon as I find my voice.

"The truck was in a rest position, but when the driver saw my parents care he started his truck at full speed and then crashed them, and also he was on the wrong side." He says.

"How do you know about that?" I ask him.

"In the police report, it was something different, I found it very fishy. So I called my detective friend and he told me everything." He says.

I nod and then something clicks in my mind.

"I'm sorry for making you upset on your birthday," I say.

"It's ok, I feel light now." he smiles.

"Let's go to the party now," I say holding his hand.

After that, we enjoy our party. But my mind is stuck on one thing.

The one who killed his parents is now trying to kill him.

Now everything is clear.

$$$$

"Thank you for everything," Jason says to my family they hug him and say him good night as now he is going.

I walk him to his car.

"Thank you, Ariel," he says.

I smile.

"With you, everything is very good, I want to be with you forever," he says and I hug him.

"Happy birthday once again," I say and kiss him. He smiles in our kiss.

This is our moment.

And I will not let anyone snatch this from me.

$$$$

The next morning I'm in his office, obviously taking lunch for him.

I roll my eyes at the thought.

I don't have anything to do in this summer vacation other than cooing Jason.

Before I reach his cabin, I collide with someone due to which I was about to fall, but someone catches me, easily.

I open my eyes. It was Noah.

"Sorry," I say.

"No, it's ok," he says smiling but his hands are still on my waist tight. He is very close to my liking. I can feel his breath on my neck.

"What's going on here?" A familiar voice asks.

We turn around as see Jason, clenching his fist, eyes hard and a jaw you know, tight and clenched.

"Sorry, sir we collided with each other, so I had to hold her so she doesn't fall," Noah says.

But Jason's eyes are on mine and are showing rage.

Oh god, I'm going to die today.

"You go to your place, Noah. You, Lily, come with me" he says in a very low and intimidating voice.

We do as we are told. I'm a bit afraid of him right now. He looks hot but very intimidating.

Once I'm in his office he activated the shield and cover the glass windows.

His body is shaking, his eyes are still hard.

He's having an attack!

Oh god!

I'm studying psychology so I know.

"You are mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine. Mine" he chants pulling me to his chest, kissing my neck and face.

"I'm yours..yours," I say calming him down. He hugs me tight.

The explanation is simple. He has lost his parents at a very crucial stage. People have different types to cope with if. According to him, I'm his coping method. I mean spending time with me and all. So when he feels danger, around me or something, that's why he reacts this way.

I call it his possessive attack.

"How dare he touch you" he hisses.

"He was just trying to save me," I say.

"Whatever, you are just mine, Ariel. Keep that in mind. I never gave this right to anyone. To touch you." He says dangerously.

"Yes, relax," I say kissing his forehead.

After calming down he says.

"Sorry"

"It's ok I understand, seeing you with other women makes me crazy too," I say, and then suddenly he smirks. Damn his smirk still affects me like nothing.

"So, you do get jealous," he says.

"Yes I do, I don't like that lizard, Susie on you," I say making a face.

"Babe, she is my past," he says.

"Still, whenever I'm here she is here, I don't like it, she wore your shirt when I never did," I say.

He was going to say something when the office door opens.

Think of the devil and the devil is here.

At the door is standing, Susie.