11

The man guides him to a door, after descending a long line of stairs. "This house really is a lot bigger than I thought" is the only thing Technoblade can think along the way, wondering what more secrets this humble-looking house may hide.

The hybrid can hear the youngling's pitter patter, crawling rapidly after them all the way up until they reach the stairs, forcing Technoblade to lean down and pick him up to prevent the enderling from rolling down the mountain of steps.

The winged man takes a key out of his pocket and proceeds to open the door, gently pushing it and stepping aside to allow Technoblade to enter the room. The piglin raises an eyebrow and looks at him with an expression of certain mistrust, feeling the enderling clinging to his shirt and vwooping.

"Let me show you one of my biggest prides, Techno." He exclaims crossing the door. Technoblade puts aside his mistrust and feeling his curiosity win, he goes after Philza.

Before the three creatures, surrounding them from practically every side are shelves full of books. What appears to be hundreds and hundreds, and he could boldly say up to thousands in a large room with a ceiling that extends several meters over their heads. Even for Techno, almost twice the height of most individuals, the size of this room makes him feel small. The expression on Philza's face is one of undisguised pride, heading to one of the nearest bookshelves and taking a book from it.

"It's fantastic, isn't it?" He inquires, opening the book and returning to the hybrid duo. "This is a collection that I have been gathering throughout the years. It has information on everything."

The man closes the book and offers it to Techno, who without much thought takes it with his free hand. The piglin examines it superficially, opening it with a little difficulty and being able to see that it is some kind of guide or encyclopedia of his native dimension. It includes some hand-painted illustrations of the Nether's most striking lava falls and biomes, as well as its creatures.

Philza walks to a table in the middle of the room, inviting Technoblade to sit in the chair next to him. The piglin does so, putting the book on the table and debating about what to do with the baby in his arms. His first thought is that those long little hands can reach the precious collection and tear apart the priceless pieces of information. He chooses to let him sit on his lap and hope he doesn't get too bored.

"Some of these are from my own hand." Philza continues, turning around in his chair and once again admiring the shelves almost filled to the brim.

The man stands up, again heading to a bookshelf, jumping and using a swift, strong push of his wings to lift himself off the ground and reach one of the tallest shelves, picking up a book that looks slightly thicker than the others before descending back to the ground. It's the first time that Technoblade has seen him use the black and large appendages on his back. Philza checks the book, opening it to see its contents and then he starts walking back towards the piglin.

"I always forget to put ladders. Wil and I can reach all the books, but I want Flora to be able to access to them too when she's old enough." He exclaims, putting the book next to the other on the table.

"I trust that you will find a lot of information that may interest you here. Even if you are not looking for it."

Philza turns around, once again admiring the bookshelves before turning to head for the door. There is something ringing in the hybrid's mind, after hearing the avian's first statement about the origin of such an imposing collection.

"Philza." Technoblade calls before he walks through the exit.

"Hm?" The man turns with a soft smile on his face. He has barely heard Technoblade utter his name during the time he has been here.