Vol 1: Chapter 2.1 - Friends

Many students were surprised about the huge amount, some already had that look of "I'm going to spend as much as possible" and who wouldn't right? why would you question it? well, I'm going to. I'm no fool, this is a school that's run by the government they aren't just going to give us money like this. there's an ulterior motive. should I speak up? NO, I will wait for a bit.

"Shocked by this amount you have been given? This school evaluates its students based on merit. everyone here has passed the entrance examination, which itself speaks to your value and potential" our teacher said

But something I heard was very important to me, you can basically buy anything if it's the right amount. through her words "use the points without restraint" anything then?

So interesting for a school that has a 100 percent employment rate.

after the teacher's speech, students began to talk about their current situation and many other things. after it settles down a bit a guy speaks up

"Hey guys I think since its the first day, we should all introduce ourselves"

The guy said with a loud but calm voice, I could already see him being the leader

"ill start my name is Yousuke Hirata, back in junior high, lots of people called be Yousuke. Feel free to use my first name! I guess my hobby is sports in general, but I especially like soccer. I'm planning on playing soccer here nice to meet you"

Wow, I inspire to have whatever social skills he has, he did that so effortlessly I swear and now all the boys and girls are cheering, well some mostly girls. Anyways I need to prepare my introduction this will determine my social standing in our class, if I do this right I may get some friends. The introductions were going on I watched some girls introduce themselves which were pretty, nice, and kind. But this girl on my left might give the worst introduction ever, eventually, some redhead started shouting and slammed his foot on his desk

"Hey! What are we preschoolers? go introduce yourselves in your own time!"

Great now people will leave to not see my introduction, thanks to the redhead. some people left especially horikita which if I had a better impression of her at the entrance of the school and here I would have stopped but I couldn't be bothered to stop that girl.

Eventually, it came to me.

"And you?" Hirata said this to me

Oh, damn it.

"Uh, hello my name is Ayanokouji Kyotaka, and um nice to meet you, uh I don't have any special skills or anything, and um I'll do my best to get along with all of you. 

I got many claps which were slow and I stood there like an idiot

"Nice to meet you Ayanokouji-Kun, I always want to be friends with everyone, just like you. let's do our best okay?" Hirata replied

thanks, Hirata, you save me from my embarrassment.

"And now you?" Hirata looks at a particular student 

"Wassup my name is Yuuichi Kataguri, I like reading and playing some games either virtual or something like chess is my jam. other than that it would be my pleasure to meet some of you" 

I probably should have done something like that but I was too focused on not messing up.

Ayanokouji Kyotaka I am surprised you couldn't come up with something as simple as that, come on even I can introduce myself guess this is what the masterpiece is not used to. It's called preparation I had gone out to socialize a bit while you were not even thinking of that. 

Yuuichi thinks to himself

While we had been talking it was time for us to start heading to the entrance ceremony. As I walk off to the entrance ceremony along the way I encounter both Hirata and Kushida, which both of them had the best reactions from the class from their introduction so they will definitely be the leaders. OK time to take my last chance at not failing my high school life.

"Hey, Hirat-"

At the same time, both of them say "Hello Ayanokouji-Kun!"

Well, thank god.

I engage in some small talk, "so what do you guys think of the huge amount of points we have been given?" thankfully these guys are the definition of extroverted so I have no problem with awkward pauses which has been happening to me a lot here.

"I think it is amazing! we can spend whatever we want haha!" Kushida replies to my question with a cute laugh at the end.

"It's very strange for high school students to be getting such a wealthy amount, but it seems they have gone over everything" Hirata replied 

I get a feeling both of them still have a little worry at least. but it's time to end the stupid small talk and get to the point. 

"Well I believe that this school is testing us on if we truly take the bait, I noticed that our teacher said that we got given 100,000 because of our merit. What if by being lethargic and not following rules and being reckless with our spending our merit decreases?"

suddenly they stopped walking so then I stopped and saw their faces change into a worried look.

"if that's true, then we have to let our class know! we can't let that happen if that is true, Ayanokouji-Kun. Hirata replied

"I mean it's only a theory but I have a plan" I replied to them 

we then kept walking

"You guys will let the class know about this in front of our teacher and while the situation ensues I will finally ask the question that had been bugging me from the moment when she talked about the point system" 

"That's very interesting Ayanokouji-Kun" Hirata Replied

"Yeah! very! Ayanokouji-Kun I didn't take you to be the smart one" Kushida replied while getting closer to me, oh wow she's really let her guard down she's basically right on me right now.

"No, no it's just a theory. I will try to prove it in class I'm not that smart"

"Very modest haha" Kushida replies

and with that, we enter the entrance ceremony.

A/N (Author Notes) as you can see we have our new character introducing himself to the class very easily, and Kyotaka's plan to prove his theory.