I

Chapter One:
Unknown

Nezumi wasn't much of a social person, he stuck to corners at parties and didn't go out much.

But he was wildly known for his success in card games and video games. He was one of the top card game players in the world, he was quite proud of himself if henhad to be honest.

From the ripe age of 8 he had started learning how to play card games with his father. He knew how to lie cheat and decieve to play a game and bend it to his will. He knew what moves to play and what to watch for when it came to others.

By the time he was 19 Nezumi was known as a professional gambler.

Winning tournaments and travelling all over the world while still keeping himself a complete mystery Nezumi one day finds himself completely alone.

"Is this heaven?" He asked himself walking around Tokyo.

It had been his last trip for the month, having just got back from the States another win in his belt.

Normally this part of Tokyo was packed.

So where had everyone gone?

That's where he found his first game.

Walking into the building hands in his pockets Nezumi sports a bored look on his face. Pushing his hair back he finds a table with phones on it.

Deciding not to waste time he grabs the phone taking notice of the facial recognition.

17 minutes until registering closes

More people had walk in after him all grabbing phones.

He took this chance to skim through the phone finding a levels page.

Smiling to himself he decides this must be an easy level.

Two of clubs doesn't seem so bad.

Whatever he had just gotten into was playing at his skills.

10 minutes until registering closes

Fuck not enough time.

He looks around.

Currently 7 players excluding himself, one was a jumpy woman who looked as if she was terrified out of her mind.

Nezumi wondered what she had seen in her time here.

Another man, he was way older than Nezumi that's for sure. Looking him up and down all the young boy could see was false confidence. From the way his leg jittered to the deadpanned face and quivering lips.

The man was just as terrified if not more than the woman the mouse boy analysed earlier.

Two more people were on his right, though they seemed to be together. On their wrists were blue bands.

Nezumi squinted at them.

5 minutes until registering closes