Evening Troubles

"Thank you Niffty, darling." Alastor stated as Niffty handed him the bowl of soup. He would have preferred something a bit more substantial but it probably wouldn't be the wisest. Alastor shifted in the seat at the massive dining table, his black sweatshirt clung a little too much to the bandages on his arms but he wasn't about to tell Angel that.

"Of course sir." Niffty said before jumping up into her chair beside Charlie. It was rather late, most of the other residences had either turned in for the night or had gone out. For the most part it was just the core group of demons that sat around the table.

"So, has your magic returned yet?" Husk asked as Alastor rolled his eyes.

"Lay the fuck off, Husk. He'll tell us when it returns." Angel snapped from his seat beside the deer demon. Husk gave a low growl before folding his wings in a bit more, but ultimately didn't make another comment. Niffty kept looking at the two that sat across from her, her eye flickering between Alastor and Angel. It was probably because she was surprised to see the two demons laying together in a bed. In all fairness there was nothing actually going on, they were just talking and laying on the bed. It still didn't mean she didn't make a small noise before fleeing the room, getting Angel to blurt out a laugh and Alastor to blush in embarrassment.

"So..." Charlie started before a small look from Alastor shut the princess up, at least for a moment. "Angel your shoulder." Charlie pointed out as Alastor glanced up at the blonde.

"What's it fuckin matter." Angel stated as Charlie stared at him.

"Well, you're hurt. I don't like to see anyone hurt, and you also never told us what happened?"

"What's it matter, babe. I ain't going ta tell yah." Angel responded as he took a spoonful of his soup. Alastor rolled his eyes, of course there couldn't be a few minutes where there wasn't a form of fighting. Normally, Alastor wouldn't have cared but now it just grated at everything, even the pain. It almost made it worse in a sense, probably because it made him draw his attention inward and it made him focus on the injuries.

"Angel-"

"Stop being a bitch, Angel and just tell us what happened." Vaggie snapped.

"Oh so I'm a bitch now." Alastor let out a small grumble before having some of his soup. God he forgot how bland soup was, he rarely ate it. Was it always this bland? Alastor tried to tune out the argument but it was the best entertainment he's had in a while.

"Vaggie no! You're not a bitch Angel. We are just concerned." Charlie clarified.

"Shouldn't be concerned about my wellbein. I'm an adult, I can handle myself." Alastor's ear twitched at the statement, he wanted to say something but he didn't really want to get into an argument as well.

"You most certainly don't act like an adult."

"The fuck do yah know!" Angel growled at Vaggie.

"I've seen the way you behave, so don't be acting all high and mighty around me." Alastor's head pulsed, the arguing was making his head hurt. He tugged at the bandages on his forearms, by Satan they itched. He tried to push the growing pain from his leg out of his mind.

"Guys stop." Charlie exclaimed, trying to get control of their growing argument. Why did they always have to argue when the group was together? Couldn't they ever just get along for a bit without going for each other's throats.

"No. You know what! Do you even want to ascend Angel? Cause your doing a great job at not ascending!" Vaggie shouted. Alastor's right ear twitched as a whisper from his shadow echoed through his head. Wait, what? The shadow wrapped itself around its masters shoulders, giving off a hiss, conveying its message.