Proficient Energy

"You're going to shock yourself." Angel said from where he reclined on the couch, Nuggets was curled up on his chest snoring softly. Alastor sent a glare at the spider before spinning the steel pole, it wasn't the most comfortable thing to hold, it was bigger than his microphone. It would have to do for now at least until he got more of the power under control. Another shock rushed along his hands sparking against the pole, it didn't burn his skin anymore.

"Like I haven't already." Alastor pointed out as Angel snorted out a laugh.

"So what's the plan exactly? You figure out your newer powers, and then what? We go fight Valentino! If we do, I want the final hit!" Angel stated. Alastor spun the pole slamming the black rubber cap on the ground. It most certainly acted like his microphone, it didn't have the same look but that could be easily fixed.

"I'm going to make a deal with him."

"Ya can't be fuckin serious! He'll kill ya on sight. What makes ya think he's going to want to make a deal?" Angel asked as he sat up letting nuggets roll onto his lap.

"Killing another overlord isn't exactly the best idea. I don't enjoy doing it, I will if need be but there is no reason to kill him."

"You're an idiot! He's a fuckin psycho, who abuses people and uses them for his own selfish game!" Angel screamed as he jumped to his feet.

"Angel. Listen to my reasoning." Alastor stated calmly before Angel settled enough to sit back down. "If I were to kill Valentino, then I would have to deal with Lust himself for killing off one of his best minions. In the heat of the moment it would have been wise to kill him but ultimately it would have been a terrible idea. Lust likes his overlords alive, as you very well know. Even if I were to kill Valentino what would I do with all those contracts and besides most would burn with him. It may sound like a good thing but those souls would be lost forever and killed for a second time. Those that survived would be in a similar position to you and not know what to do exactly. I wouldn't run those studios, so those souls would be out of jobs. Even if you were to kill him Angel you wouldn't get the title of overlord unless you go to Lust, which is possible but not recommended. Do you understand my hesitation to kill him?" Alastor asked.

"But all those souls."

"Either lost with Valentino's death, consumed by Lust himself or set free. What would I even do with all those contracts? I don't even know what to do with Vox's souls and I haven't been well enough to even start thinking about it." Alastor clarified getting Angel to grumble leaning against the back of the couch.

"Fuck... I didn't think about that." Angel whispered as he scrubbed at his face.

"Lust isn't a nice demon." Alastor mumbled before grabbing his microphone, and started pulling the top apart, yanking the wires out.

"What are ya doing?" Angel asked as he got to his feet, snatching the pipe from Alastor.

"Making it my microphone."

"At least let me spray paint it first." Angel spun the pipe around his fingers and gave a smile to the radio demon before expertly whacking himself in the head with said pipe. "OW!" Angel cried, dropping the pipe to the ground.

"You alright, darling?"

"Fine... fine... so you're going to make another deal?" Angel asked as he scooped up the pipe and started over to the table where his shopping bag was. Digging out the spray paint, he turned to look at Alastor as the radio demon thought for a few moments.

"Angel, do you enjoy your job?" Alastor questioned getting Angel to stop mid-step. In truth he actually did enjoy what he did, and it gave him something to do. The only thing he hated about it was Valentino, he would rather never have sex again than deal with that moth demon.

"Really the only thing I didn't enjoy about it was, Val. I liked my coworkers and I enjoyed what I did." Angel admitted before noticing the smile on Alastor's face grow a bit bigger. "What?"

"Then I think we have a way of making a deal."