35: Birthday

It was finally the day of the party. The morning was crazy as you would expect it to be, with your friends getting ready and prepping the decorations, and you went all morning without seeing Keigo. For some reason it was important for your parents to make sure you and Keigo didn't see each other that morning, kind of like the 'wedding' myth. Where if you see the bride in her wedding dress before the actual wedding your relationship will be bad luck? Yeah, kinda like that.

Expect, this wasn't the wedding. This could barely even be called the engagement party. But today was the day where you would be announcing the marriage between you and Keigo. Well, it would be more like your father announcing it.

Once Momo had gotten everyone somewhat settled, she came by your room to help you get ready. You had gotten your dress from the Bakugou's probably a day prior, which was really cutting it close. Once she knocked in the door you let her in, and she started to help you get in your dress. She first started by lacing the corset.

"Please not so tight like how my mom does it... it kills me each time." You groaned, holding onto your vanity for some support.

"I'm just doing what I'm suppose to, Y/n." Momo sighed, only pulling tighter.

"You're going to break a rib!" You cried, closing your eyes tight.

"I'm sorry, but I have to." Momo sighed. After a few more times of almost collapsing your lungs, the corset was finally on and tied in the back. "How does it feel?"

"Like I can't breathe." You managed to say, but you were over exaggerating a bit. You've gotten so used to wearing corsets.

"Now, where's your dress?" Momo asked, going over to the closet. You were supposed to pick it up from downstairs yesterday. Downstairs is where the royal tailors are, and they have the perfect and proper storage for the dresses. Unfortunately, you forgot to bring it up to your room.

"I forgot it." You sighed. You mentally scolded yourself for forgetting it and being so careless.

"It's okay, we can go and get it."

"Uh.. not like this!" You were wearing a corset and the undergarments. You would technically be considered in your underwear.

"Oh come on... everyone is so busy, they're not gonna notice." Momo assured you. "It's going to be fine."

"No.. I have a bad feeling about it." You shook your head. "Can't you just get it for me?"

"I mean I could... but I'm sure the dress is heavy. I wouldn't be able to carry it myself."

"Gah!" You started to feel a bit flustered, and maybe a bit stressed. "Please Momo!"

"Just come with me!"

You groaned but finally agreed. Everyone would be too busy to even notice. And maybe you can change down where the tailors were.. no, that wouldn't work. You'd have to walk back up, and there would be a higher risk of people seeing you, even Keigo. And he was the last person who would see the dress.

Meanwhile, Keigo was getting ready in his room, putting on his usual white and gold suit. It all seemed to match, and a bit boring if you looked at it. But his wings broke up the color a bit, giving your eyes something to look at. His wings were extravagant.

"Hawks, let me in." A voice would be at the door, and it belonged to Dabi. Keigo was still upset with him a bit.

Keigo would open the door, his wings taking up most of the door way. "What do you want?"

"I just want to make sure that we are on the same page."

"What page?"

"That you fully intend on marrying Y/n."

"Of course I do, idiot. I love her."

"Good... on a different note, how are you feeling?"

Keigo let out a sigh, and shook his head. "Extremely nervous." Dabi chuckled a bit, and moved to the side so he could exit his room.

"Let's go for a walk, it'll calm your nerves." Keigo smiled and nodded. He really did need to take a bit of a break. He would leave his room, and shut the door behind me. "You look presentable."

"Haha, thanks.. you look presentable as well." Dabi wore a suit that looked somewhat similar to his, except it was black and purple.

The two would start to walk down the hallway, when they started to hear foot steps and soft chattering.

"See I told you we'd be fine."

"Was that YaoMomo's voice?" Keigo whispered to Dabi. Dabi nodded and they turned around. Their faces instantly went into shock. Behind them was Momo and you, carrying a huge garment back that looked like it weighed a ton. You noticed their stares, now not being able to look away.

"Momo you lied!" You cried out.

"I didn't know they'd be here!"

Keigo couldn't stop looking at you. Whether it was because you were practically in your underwear or for another reason, you didn't know.

"Keigo stop staring... and you too Dabi!"

Keigo would snap his head and hit Dabi in the shoulder. "Why are you staring, huh!?" Dabi would cover his face and turn around.

"I didn't mean it!" Dabi said. Keigo rolled his eyes, and then sighed. "Dabi, help Momo. I want to spend some time with Y/n."

"Uh, hello? Im in my underwear!" You yelled at him, but he didn't care. He walked up to you and quickly threw his suit jacket over you, and walked you to his room. The second the both of you were in there, Dabi had finally started to help Momo bring the dress to your room.

"How are you feeling, birthday girl?" Keigo smiled. He held on to your hand and sat down on his bed, setting you on his lap.

"A bit nervous.. but excited." You smiled. You felt his lips on your neck, as his arms pulled you closer to him. "Cmon Keigo, not right now.."

"I know, I'm just showing you a bit of love. But I got you something." He smiled and sat you next to him, as he got up and went over to the dresser.

"Oh? What is it?"

He pulled out a little box.. you started to get a bit nervous. "Y/n.."

"Please tell me you're not proposing-"

"I'm not.. but why? Would it be a problem if I did?"

"No no! I'm just way to nervous for that right now.. but anyways.. what is it?"

He smiled and walked back over to you, opening the box. It wasn't a ring, but it was a ruby necklace. It was the same color as his wings.

"Oh Keigo.. it's so pretty."

"Wear it tonight, yeah?"

"Okay.. I will."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I'm sorry, but trying to find the motivation is hard. But I'm trying!!