42: Frail

Over the next couple of days, Kirishima and Bakugou had been keeping a close eye on the king. Kirishima had reported back to you that the accusations were not true, and you were as happy as ever with Keigo, but it made Bakugou even more envious.

But Touya was right. Kirishima had never noticed it, but the king did seem to look a bit frail. At lunch, everyone was around the table, and the king started to cough. Everyone stopped what they were doing as he just continued his coughing fit.

"Dad, are you alright?" You asked. He nodded as he just kept coughing. Soon enough, it lightened up.

"Yes, I'm alright sweetie."

"Are you sick?" Your mother asked, taking off a glove and putting it to his forehead. "Oh my! You're freezing!"

"Huh? I am?"

"Maybe you should get some rest, dad.." you said worriedly. Keigo looked at your father with worry in his eyes. Then looked over at Touya, who seemed like he didn't have a care in the world.

"No no, I'm alright, really." He said in between coughs. "Everyone continue eating." Everyone nodded, not wanting to upset the king and continued with what he ordered them to do.

In actuality, he did look frail, but he never did before. It was all so very sudden. No one started to see changes until recently in his attitude and physique. He didn't seem as cheerful as he usually would, and was definitely losing some weight. But he had been doing everything he normally did, and none of his activities seemed to be out of the ordinary. So why he was acting like this was a complete and udder mystery.

"My darling, I really think you should lay down and rest. You are freezing. You need to drink some hot tea and get under some blankets." Your mother told him. "Come on, I'll help you to bed." She got up from her chair and helped him up from his. He was pretty reluctant and protested, but soon enough gave into his wife. He was pretty weak, and his wife couldn't get him up by herself. Keigo didn't hesitate getting up from his seat and helping him up.

"Thank you, son. I'm glad you're marrying my daughter." This made Keigo smile a bit, but he couldn't help but watch his frail body and feel remorse. He couldn't stop thinking about what Touya had said a few days prior to the king falling ill.

Soon enough, your mother had taken the king away to put him in bed, and hopefully would get him well rested. "I've never seen him this sick.. he's usually so healthy." You sighed. Keigo looked at you with sad eyes.

"I know, baby bird." He said with a soft voice, and it took everything in Bakugou not to feel sick.

"He'll get through it. He's as tough as an ox." Bakugou said.

"I know Katsuki, thank you." You sighed again, and just looked at your plate of food. "I'm not hungry anymore."

"You need to eat." Keigo told you, almost as if scolding you.

"I can't. I'm not hungry."

Keigo wasn't pleased by this. It was one thing for the king to be sick, but another for you to be. "I need you to eat."

"No, I'm not hungry."

"Prince Keigo is right, Y/n, you need to-" Kirishima was cut off.

"Princess Y/n." Touya corrected, a mouth full of food. Bakugou wasn't amused at all.

"It's whatever she allows us to call her." Bakugou snapped at him.

"Katsuki!"

"What!? Hes being irrational. Having us call you princess is bullshit considering we've known each other for so many years." Bakugou shouted, slouching back into his chair.