Chapter 1

On [insert random date here], the UNSA Retribution and the captured SDF Olympus Mons launched a frontal assault on the SDF home planet of Mars, to disrupt the construction of more intergalactic space-faring warships. However, in the face of this reckless action the UNSA Retribution (the last UNSA warship still operational) and the SDF Olympus Mons (Flagship of the SDF) were destroyed, and in the process, buying time for the UNSA to re-organize and fight back against the SDF. It was both a noble sacrifice, but at the same time as reckless as a human mind could be, as from that point on, a new warship, fresh from the production lines, had to take the place of the UNSA Retribution in the fight against the Settlement Defense Front and beyond, as humanity's shining hope for exploration into the expansive unknown that is space.

Across the harsh days of the desert, a man trekked the sands despite its unbearable climate and his dwindling supplies in his backpack he had used for so long. He had gotten used to this weather, but at the same time, his mindset didn't. After all, he once remembered how he awoke in this world, one that surprised him as he realized he had been stuck in a desert world with just endless sand spanning from every angle he looked at it. And yet, he didn't bear it as someone who'd gotten used to this climate.

No matter where he went, it was just the same vast stretch of land that would always greet him.

Sand.

Sand that stretched on for miles with no suitable landmarks in sight.

Truthfully, he wasn't one to traverse this type of landscape, as he preferred the more... forgiving part of the world in lieu of the unforgiving part. But he was in fact dumped in this godforsaken land and was forced to survive in it on what little he had in his grasp.

As the man walked the sands, the surface slowly began to change to a rougher tone in contrast with the smooth yet soft surface that he had seen and walked for miles on end.

Until he came upon the wreck of a rusting interstellar spacecraft. Something that the current humans of this time period hadn't thought about nor created as it defied the laws of physics in space, apparently.

"Ah... there you are... Retribution..." He spoke subconsciously as his mind followed the same script he had been saying every time he returned to this rotting vessel which he had turned into his makeshift home due to nearby towns not existing. Despite his attempts at making, it sort of "grand", it failed to even amuse his own self. Not in the slightest.

The UNSA Retribution stood in front of him as it slowly blended into its surroundings that had slowly begun to consume the stricken and damaged intergalactic spacecraft- or well, what was left of it, anyway, after that 50% disastrous 50% success attack on Mars' orbital shipyard.

Retribution's personification sighed at the sight of the stricken vessel with a downtrodden expression, as he resumed his pace towards the vessel he called home; despite it being a makeshift one.

A Few Hours Later

Sandstorm In Progress

2:30 PM

December 11, 20XX

Retribution, as the personification now adopted the vessel's name after previously denying to himself that he was the vessel itself, bit an apple he had saved like 7 others, with others being grown from trees inside certain rooms in the spacecraft; as he analyzed the map he had drawn based on what he had seen in his trips to far neighboring towns which would usually drain him of virtually all his energy except his reserve energy.

He didn't even know where the SDF Olympus Mons was. Not like he cared, anyway. His war was over, and he knew it after coming to accepting that fact after leading an eventful service history under the UNSA and SATO. So it really didn't matter if he would find her or not. After all, she was just one of those many cliché anime girls with a tsundere personality, with a high sussy baka rate-