Now

"Hey Venom, what's up?" A young brunette in a yellow and black combat suit glanced up, coming face to face with a pair of purple eyes. The boy in question was blonde and had a dark violet jumpsuit on and a concerned look on his face.

"It's my roommate," The brunette confessed with a sigh, looking down again. Not that the ground was that interesting, but most people in movies sat on benches and looked down when they were sad and things always worked out for them.

"You mean Endblink? What happened?" The boy in purple questioned, sitting down beside him.

"No, not Endblink. My other roommate. He doesn't have any abilities, and he doesn't even use the hero license he worked so hard for all those years ago." Venom explained, sadness creeping into his normally bright brown eyes. "I uh, kinda yelled at him. So he left. With everything he owned. For good. I'm just worried, ya know? Normally he would have been back by now, but it's been days! Do you think he found a new place already?"

"Honestly, yes." The blonde said, giving his friend a sympathetic look. "But that doesn't mean he hates you or anything. Maybe this is good, maybe you need a little space from being together all the time."

"You-you're probably right. Thanks Gr-Purpled." Purpled nodded, standing up and stretching. He then glanced at Venom, then at the clock, then back at the boy. When Venom finally took the hint at looked at the clock, he gasped. "Oh my! It's time for my patrol! Thank you again Purpled, see you later!" Venom waved to his friend before dashing off, heading to the main entrance.

"STOP!" A tall brunette man shouted, chasing after a hooded figure. The hooded figure did not stop, and the man swore under his breath. He strained to go faster, his black combat suit scratching against his arms. He swore again as he saw a figure with pink hair speeding ahead of the cloaked figure on the roof above him.

"Hullo," The pinkette smirked as he dropped in front of the escapee. He delivered a hard kick to the skull and the figure crumpled, groaning in pain before passing out.

"That was my capture, idiot!" The brunette seethed, stepping forward. "Go find your own vigilantes to kick." The pinkette just rolled his eyes, looking bored.

"Then actually capture them. It doesn't matter who does it as long as we get them off the streets! We can't have kids getting hurt because they think they're heroes, Blastforce." Blastforce rolled his eyes, flicking some of his fluffy brown hair out of his eye.

"Yeah, cool, whatever. Just let me take him in."

"As if, I took him down."

"I would have if you weren't here!"

"Mhm. Excuses excuses." Blastforce huffed angrily, glaring at him. Suddenly the ground beneath him exploded, not strong enough to hurt him but enough to knock him off balance.

"Fu- BLASTFORCE!" The man with pink hair screeched, attempting to regain his balance. He looked at his red cape in disgust, trying to pick off the dust and pebbles that now littered the fine material. "You'll regret that!"

"Oh no, so scary!" Blastforce mocked, rolling his eyes again. It seemed this was his favorite activity. "Blade is gonna get ma-" He was cut off suddenly by his arm rebelling against his mind and slapping himself, crying out in frustration.

"I still haven't figured out why B+ is the easiest blood type to control, but it sure is convenient!" Blade taunted, smirking.

"WHY YOU LI-"

"BOYS!" Both men froze as a blonde man with big black wings landed in between them, looking unamused. "Please stop trying to kill each other for one minute and take this guy to Headquarters, will you?"

"Yes dad," Blastforce muttered, taking a pair of handcuffs off his utility belt. He quickly cuffed the figure, dragging them away to a nearby building with a giant mask symbol on it. Blade sighed, pulling at his mask slightly. It resembled the one on the building, covering all around his eyes. It was blood red and matched perfectly with his cape, making him look like a cross between a king and a hero. As the number one hero in the kingdom, he was the only one who refused to wear the standard combat suit and wasn't argued with.

"Listen, Death Angel, I get that you're busy and all but would you mind covering my shift for the rest of the night? I want to make a bust downtown and forgot I was supposed to patrol." His father smiled, pulling a similar dark green mask out of his pocket and putting it on.

"Thought so. Don't stay out too late, we have morning patrol." Blade groaned but nodded, heading back into the shadows. As he ran, he wondered how these criminals would react to a 20v1 with the number one hero. Presumably, it would be funny. They'd panic, give up all the weapons they were illegally dealing, then probably fail miserably at escaping.

"It's almost too easy," He murmured to himself, smiling. But his smile disappeared abruptly when he saw the warehouse. Two guards lay slumped on the ground, knocked unconscious. The door was unlocked and cracked open, and Blade gasped when he pushed it open the rest of the way. All of the men involved in the deal were unconscious and handcuffed, and their weapons lay in a neat pile nearby. A huge crate sat dead in the middle, and when he opened it every single weapon was accounted for. He spotted something red on the top and ripped the post-it note off the crate, nearly tearing it in two.

'Your Welcome, Blade.'

Blade stared at the note and the neatly drawn smile underneath, hating his rival with a passion.

"Bastard." He muttered, sending a message to HQ for a Weapons Retrieval Team via his smartwatch. Or, as Blastforce liked to call it, his 'Wrist Phone'. He clicked a few more buttons and sighed, disappointed that he didn't get to do the bust. He glared at the note again, and something caught his eye. There was writing on the other side?

'No, it isn't Dream.' Blade was extremely taken aback by this. He began to wonder who had really taken down these criminals, if not the number 2 hero?