Introduction to Before

"Hey you!" A man in a dapper black suit shouted across the room at a dark figure, stumbling forward and nearly tripping over the pool noodle that was lying discarded on the ground. "Never should have let Jack have that stupid party. It's gonna take a year to clean this office. You! Who are you?"

"Don't answer, just get out of there." A male's voice came through the earpiece the figure sported. His all-black suit had no design, no bright flaunting colors that most heroes with the Heroes of Kinoko or yellow sash like the heroes of L'Manberg. He looked more like an assassin.

"I was not planning on it, sir." He whispered, getting a sigh in response.

"Before, how many times have I told you to call me Scott?" The Scottish voice sounded exasperated and slightly concerned as Before pulled out a grappling hook from his belt. He fired at the window nearly thirty feet above his head and shot up towards it, releasing the hook and slamming his feet against the glass to shatter it. He quickly grabbed the bar above the window and swung himself up to the roof, flipping in mid-air so he landed perfected. A near second from plummeting off the fourth story of an office building. A normal day when working with Before.

"Four thousand sixty-eight, sir." Before responded, crouching low and scanning the busy road below him. His hood ruffled slightly in the breeze, and his black face mask felt suffocating after wearing it for so long. The mask over the skin around his eyes was also uncomfortable, but Before had worn his suit for several hours longer than he had tonight.

"Major, please do not cause Subject Before any sort of personal connection. It is not permitted to have 'friends' with any of it's handlers." A deep and merciless voice lectured Scott with rehearsed hostility. Before could tell from his shortened breaths that Major Starborn was not happy with his superior. Although this wasn't new, seeing as everyone was upset by the Head of Head Quarters for the Heros of the Greater SMP. Currently, Before was closer to the Las Nevadas District than the center of the Greater SMP, but since he was the head of everyone Before still had to follow his rules.

"XD, sir, with all due respect I believe that Before uses He/Him pronouns and would prefer to be addressed as such." Before let out a silent breath, knowing that things would escalate quickly if he didn't step in soon.

"Mr. XD, Sir, I am nearly back at Head Quarters. Shall I return and wait for Dream's arrival?" Before asked, hoping the hero he worked with most often wouldn't be long. Before was a top secret hero that only worked with four people. XD, head of everything when it comes to the heroes. Major Scott Starborn, head of Technology and the one who guided Before when Dream was on a Solo Mission. Dream, the hero who worked with Before most often and had trained him since he was young. Finally, Glitch. Glitch was the only one at the agency who could move more than three tons of anything in less than a second. Sure there were heroes who could teleport like Endblink and Ribbon, but only Glitch could move things other than himself. Glitch was the one who pulled Before out of a bad situation when he fought a villain who could suppress his powers nearly three years ago. Only two others knew of his existence.

"It will be addressed as it and is. That is an order, Major Starborn." Before froze, feeling a painful sadness creep through his mind like a spider crawling over a minefield. Major Scott was the only one other than Glitch who referred to Before as a human being. Glitch was nice and all, but Before saw him once every few months. Before suppressed the emotion, leaping onto the next rooftop. Instead of the arguing in his earpiece, he focussed on his last few missions. He wondered if Blade recognized his handwriting. Before often wrote notes for Dream when taking out targets other heroes were after, and Blade had even saw the tailend of his coat once. So had Death Angel, so Before was extra careful when they were nearby.

"Before. Do not continue on. We just got a ping on the other side of town, one of the leaders of the Syndicate just broke into a lab. They may be trying to steal the new formula for the Blood Vine Virus." XD's normally calm voice had a hint of anger that Before detected and assumed was because of how vital it was that they test and replicate the possible cure.

"On my way Mr. XD sir. ETA is T-minus one point five minutes." Before filled the silence, hoping to the God of Prime that he wouldn't be told to fight alone. H may be able to beat one Syndicate leader, but members of the Syndicate never travelled alone. "May I request back up Sir?"

"We already have a team on the way, smart thinking though Before." Scott informed him, reassuring his rising nerves. "The ETA of the team is a lot more than yours, try to hold them off. Distract them, but don't get yourself hurt."

"Copy." Before leapt into the air, landing gracefully on the roof of the lab. Now, to break in.