Chapter 1.1 - broken

You thought it was a crackfic. Fair warning, it isn't... it's actually terrible. Takes place after Part 6 but before Part 7 of my Payday 2 AU (which at this time isn't published)

My mind asks questions. It came from "does your friend write p*rn?" and i was all would that even happen?

"In the past?" No.
"In the present?" No.
"In the future?" No.
"Think about it." That's still a no.
"Maybe under certain circumstances..." uh
"In the future..." let me get back to you on that.

I forgot about it for awhile until I was writing Part 6 and I'm all hey they can transmit images and feelings to each other!
Images and feelings...can Bain be tortured by that? yeah.
"CAN HE GET NONCONNED?"
and the answer to that, is a firm yes.
That would completely ruin him.

Warning for this one—never thought I'd consider writing something like this but yeah. it's undescribed and more nebulous and yet the feelings of helplessness and pure betrayal are overwhelming in this part

Update: so there's some heavy suicidal themes, oops

Update 2: rated Mature not for cursing or even explicit scenes (despite the title) but for the above.

Update 3: totally overlooked this, but there's memory loss on ch. 5.

In the options there's a toggle for turning off contractor voices. I would never do that! His voice lines are half the gameplay for me but would he just stop talking under particular conditions?

I can't believe I've done this. It's not even actual NSFW, it's only the horrible aftermath...

I'm filled with trepidation at the thought of my friend's readers coming over to this fic just because they searched the PAYDAY 2 tags... *shudders*
Although I don't expect anyone to find this, aha
I'm just gonna explain the bare minimum and say that the Paygang can use telepathy with other members of their crew. The Circuit Board is their shared mind palace...

THIS IS ONLY A SUMMARY OF WHAT WOULD HAPPEN, DON'T EXPECT ME TO FINISH THIS

*writes an entire scene*
Scratch that, this is an entire fic now. Wow.

——————————

Bain told his team in part 6 about the Circuit Board and things relating to it. This is before part 7, he hadn't opened up to Dallas about what he had said in the previous entry,,
One of the team members takes the wrong edible and exploits certain knowledge that the hacker himself gave them, and that's even worse.

It doesn't really matter who did the deed, it's more like he was exploited in a way that had never once crossed his mind. One of the crew had been heavily fantasizing on certain topics and...

He figures out halfway through that begging is practically meaningless, so he asks for outside interference. He screams for Dallas to make him stop, PLEASE

(A steady beat of nononono, nonononostop)

Dallas doesn't quite make it in time, when you sync up enough to mentally communicate you reach a deeper understanding of how they're feeling! he's blinded by the sheer betrayal and agony that was accidentally being transmitted from the other.

The navigator shrieks as a cruel mix of mortification and uselessness burns through him, splintering into a million tiny little shreds under the blaring crimson of BETRAYAL, BRETRAYAL, BETRAYAL.

In the Circuit Board, the administrator dissipates. Usually bunched up in one corner of their shared mind, particles scatter into many pieces; no longer able to hold himself together.