Chapter 4 - i need you

More Payday 2 spoilers.

——————

Dallas is standing over Bain's grave, reflecting on what happened and how he could've avoided this. He kneels in a facsimile of the position he was in (Chapter 1)

"The bruises have long since faded but he can still feel their significance."

He's still wearing the same clothes he was during Hell's Island, the finger imprints still fresh. Even this, after everything, Bain still cared about them enough to not say anything to the Dentist.

Dallas remembers the other man gripping so tightly onto his coat, desperately, like he was searching for something. And small. So, so small, hunched over the way he was.
Broken.

There's nothing he can do at this point.
There's nothing you can do, and Bain was right. Dallas was useless in any situation he was put into. He couldn't save their navigator.

He doesn't have an umbrella and he doesn't care. The rain pours down, washing off the fingerprints as if they had never existed. Rinsing out any proof that Bain had been a person, that he was alive.
That he could be hurt.

The Mastermind slowly tilts his head up at Locke, who nods at him.
They'll get their chance.

He'll kill that wretched old man.

——————

broken.

Would I finish it? Out of the question.
Would I write more of it? Maybe.
Maybe.
I'm peeking at it, it's more likely than the (OMITTED)
I am looking.
The first line is "Bad acid trip, huh? I can relate to that."
It goes back and forth between what happened and the rant that Bain is directing towards the team. It's supposed to mean that the incident is still fresh in his eyes.

Ah, you don't know.
Well the thing is, the Paygang hasn't really thought of Bain as a person, more as of an idea? They've only heard his voice and the dude seems entirely levelheaded no matter what happens.

Nobody thought that he was vulnerable, not Locke, not the team. They're trying to convince themselves that he is real, not just some sort of perfect statue.

This manifests itself in insults and later (OMITTED)

!!!

Thanks for reading. THOUGH you shouldn't be! I don't usually write anything noncon at all??

Update: I have an idea.
(This next chapter is an actual CHAPTER, not a concept. It's currently 3k words.)