Chapter 2 - speak to us again

——————

He cuts off vocal contact entirely. Surely yellow outlines can make up for his sudden absence, after all.
They never cared about what he wanted anyway(?)

Dallas tries and fails to get the navigator (who doesn't navigate) to speak through the intercom again, multiple times. They all failed. The person who did it to him doesn't recall doing it, so that's no help. Dallas and the others beat him up anyway. Totally deserved it.

Bain doesn't talk to the team again, not until a few weeks later: Golden Grin Casino.
Sokol, Dallas, Dragan and Wolf are chosen for the heist.
Dallas looks down at the Plan B list and the assault is about to start. They find the briefcases separately and the unofficial leader runs to get the C4, forgetting the three digit passcode because he wasn't the one to collect all of them (and even if he had, he'd forget the color order)

He asks for the others but the police are coming down pretty hard on them and they can't do anything about that. Dallas instead asks for Bain, over and over.

A click.
"...three...six...seven." monotone.
The heister thanks him and gets on his way, quickly.
Bain is still watching them, despite everything that happened.
He's not supposed to care, but he does. He should detest it, push it away and yet he doesn't.
Because Dallas tried to help him...and he asked him to do one simple thing, that's all that counts.

Later, the team constantly gets confused as to when an assault starts and it's detrimental sometimes. They're out too long without cover, taking more bullets than needed.
Bain starts saying short sentences to warn them when the cops are coming.
"They're here."
"Now,"
and eventually:
"Good luck."
"Don't die."

——————

Mute contractor voices? [√]

There it is, they did the one thing that could make him stop talking. They betrayed him, traumatized him.

Ending part can be extended depending whether I feel like it or not.
I could make it happier, make the team try harder, have the criminal apologize, but as you can see, I'm incredibly lazy.

Update 1: it's occurred to me that Hoxton probably knows all about assault since he was in jail for awhile. He even mentions it in one of his Christmas songs! Wonder if he would try his hand at comfort?

Update 2: Dallas could probably persuade him again because of the changes I made to Chapter 1.1, making a continuation more likely than before. That first chapter was supposed to be depressing, turns out it was mostly comfort after that 1k word edit? Anyway since Dallas had successfully consoled him, things have a better chance of changing. Wonder if I should,, nahh I don't have another idea

Can't do it without persuasion because uhhhh it might change the outcome of the next two chapters? Then I'd have to rewrite all of them. Seems like a flight of fancy.

The ending probably won't be happy even still.