Chapter Three

(A.N. You should listen to the song, it's actually quite beautiful. )

I've been to many fancy dates. I've been picked up in limousines, horse carriages, been taken to 5 star restaurants and been treated like loyalty.

But never in my life, have I been so nervous.

I stand in front of my full body mirror, eyeing myself up and down repeatedly. Chloe freaked when I told her about this date, and after work she immediately took me dress shopping. After that day, I never wanted to see another dress again, but Chloe and I had found the right one.

It's baby blue, that is all lace down until where my ribs stop. It's strapless, and it comes down to about mid thigh. Underneath the lace, it's just soft and silky, not puffing out, but it flows very nicely. Since it is the evening, I've slipped a white knit cardigan on over it. I also wear white lace ballet flats, and pearl earrings, as well as a pearl necklace that has a diamond right above it. Dean gave me strict orders not to wear a ring.

Chloe did my hair, and pulled it back into a messy updo in the back of my head. She also did my makeup, a medium smokey eye with nude-pink lips. As I stand in the mirror, though, I begin to question as to whether or not I look fancy enough or not. Chloe shushes me, telling me I look absolutely stunning. I smile at her, thank her, and turn around to give her a big hug. She hugs me back before screaming, jumping back saying that she'll ruin my hair. I roll my eyes.
"Shut up you turd," I snap at her, and she sticks her tongue out. Before I can stick my tongue back out at her, there's a knock on the door that makes me freeze. "Chloe, what if he doesn't like me?"
She rolls her eyes. "He already loves you, you idiot. He's just finally manned up enough to show it," She chastises playfully, and I nod.

Butterflies grow in my stomach as I grab my white clutch, heading to the door. Every step I take brings me closer to the man I'm slowly falling in love with more and more every single day. I knew the day that I met him that I'd fall in love with him, regardless or not if we ever actually hung out or not. I'd learn to love him from afar, find myself thinking about the man I never got to meet.

I open the door, my breath catching in my throat. There stands Dean, his jawline only lightly stumbled, hair perfectly gelled, and dressed in something that I never thought I'd see him wear: a suit. A full three piece, black And white classic and snappy. And, the most shocking part, is there's no leather jacket covering his shoulders. I close my mouth, and he does the same as he looks at me.
"You look amazing," We both say in unison, our eyes lifting and catching, my blue ones against his green ones.

I smile for a second, it fading and my eyebrows furrowing as he reaches into his jacket, pulling out a small box. He opens it, and my breath hitches in my throat. There, sitting in the centre of the box, is a diamond ring. My hands find my lips as I stare wide eyed at it, trying to process what's going on.
"I can't take that," I whisper, looking up at Dean. He raises his eyebrows at me.
"You damn well better, it costed me $150," He breathes, shaking his head once. I punch him in the arm.
"You did not! Jeez, when?!" I ask incredulously as he takes it out of the box, sliding it on my left ring finger.
"Like, a week after we met," He admits sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck. "It was crazy of me, but I just knew I was going to have you. And that ring was supposed remind me to get you to be mine," He explains, and i just shake my head at him, mouth slightly parted and eyes wide.
"My god, I love a crazy person," I whisper to myself, and he smiles.
"But I'm your crazy person," He clarifies, and I nod, smiling and laughing.
"Yes, Dean. You're my crazy person," I say.

He leads me downstairs, and the limo outside does shock me. I never expected Dean to be a limo kind of guy, and I'm exactly right as I watch another couple exit the building, the girl squealing. The guy laughs at her and helps her in, clambering in after her. The limo pulls away, and behind it sits the Impala, running and beautiful in her own special way. Though she may not cost more than I do, and she has the rattling Legos and the brothers' names etched into the wood underneath the backseat, she's better than any limo than Dean could've ever hired. Plus, it looks he got it washed.