Origin Story (Part 1)

It was 9:00am, the 27th of April 1997. The weather was quite cold for day in summer and it was a day that most people would use to rest at home.

It wasn't exactly a great day for the young woman who sat in the room, waiting for the reasons of her sickness recently. She'd been throwing up and having lots of headaches, and she wanted to get better as soon as possible for work.

Anxiety struck her as the doctor walked in with a paper in his hands.

"Congratulations!" Were the first words he spoke and the woman raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"You're 8 weeks pregnant," He added on and fear was replaced with the anxiety she had.

"W-What!?" She half-yelled and the doctor, and the doctor handed the Ultrasound Scan. Her hands shook as she held the paper and she stared at the image of the baby in disbelief.

"Where's the father of the child?" The doctor asked and she gritted her teeth.

"A foreigner from America," The woman scowled and stood up from her seat.

"Thanks but I think should leave now."

The doctor nodded and opened the door for with a smile on his face.

"I recommend started the diet now so here's a list of things that you can, and can't eat while pregnant. Also, I recommend coming back in 2 months so we can determine the sex of the child."

She fake-smiled and gave a slight nod while the talking the list from him. She then immediately exited the room and headed out the exit immediately, regretting everything that happened 2 months ago.

She dialed her mother instantly once she was out and waited for her to pickup.

"Oh, Mi-"

"Eomma, I'm pregnant." She interrupted her mother from saying anything but was instead responded with an ecstatic squeal.

"I'm gonna be a Grandmother!" She happily yelled but her daughter frowned, and was not feeling the same way as her.

"I don't want it..."

"What?"

"I don't want the baby. I don't want to be a mum now," She cried and covered her face so the people passing by wouldn't see.

"But I don't want to kill him..." She added with more tears running down her face.

It was silent for a while until her mother spoke up to give her advice.

"None of us are ready to become parents and it's always a hard responsibility to raise a child. You don't have to get an abortion but you can have the responsibility to raise him. But if you don't, your father and I could raise them for you or you could give them to someone to adopt. It's up to you though, you have to make the choice."

The woman stood there thinking.

She didn't want to burden her parents but she didn't want to raise it herself. All the thoughts raced through her head and she looked up at the sky when she mad her decision.

"I'll have the baby but I'll give him away to another family to raise him."

____________________

It was a day of celebration.

Christmas to be exact but it was the day the woman's water broke.

She spent the whole day in pain and spent the next 10 hours in labour. Her parents and her older stood by her for support as it all happened. Her sister's husband waited outside and anxiously waited for his sister-in-law to finish, and not have the chance of dying during the process.