The Spider Beckons

Key:

F/D/F- Fav Dinner food
F/C- Fav chip(Specifically in this context lmfao)
F/B- Fav Beverage
F/B/F- Fav Breakfast Food

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/N woke up the next morning to their alarm, groaning in annoyance as they pressed the stop button. They yawned and stretched their arms up and flopped them down with a groggy smile. "That was the best sleep I've gotten in a while," they thought, the memories from yesterday flooding back to them. The small smile that resided on their feature grew. "Maybe dealing with Chrollo for a while won't be so bad.." their thoughts continued, as they stretched some more and tossed their legs over the side of the bed. They got up and headed towards the shower. They got undressed and turned the water on, stepping in and sighing softly. They began to clean themself, quickly losing themself to their thoughts. They were thinking about everything that's happened. They never really took the time to sort through their emotions and process everything that's happened. Y/N thought about that weird terror they felt the day they refused to give Chrollo any information they heard about the auction. "Was that nen..?" they wondered, quickly realizing they were in the shower for way longer than usual. They swiftly jumped out of the shower, haphazardly drying their body. They get dressed quickly, just throwing on a quick outfit that looked professional enough and deciding that they'd deal with their emotions later, like after they wouldn't be late for work. They sighed and grabbed their things, rushing out the door and catching a glimpse of Chrollo in line at the food court but not bothering to grab anything to eat. There just wasn't anytime today. They ran to the subway, just barely getting on the metro in time, luckily for them there was an open seat. They sat down, sighing softly, and slumping down dramatically with a soft huff.

"Well at least one thing is going right," they mumbled to themself.

"Oh? Rough morning?" Chrollo's voice made them jump.

"Holy shit!" they sat up straight, "I didn't realize you were sitting next to me.. yeah. It has been actually," they sighed and glanced down at their feet.

"You weren't in line today. Were you not hungry?"

"Well yeah.. but I had to hurry or I'd be late to work."

"I see," he nodded, standing up and brushing his coat off, "you'll have to tell me about it later today. I have to do something before I go to the library today."

They nodded and stood up too, both of them heading out of the bus but going different directions. Y/N sighed softly as they reached their place of work and opened up the doors. They headed over to their desk immediately as they had already put the books away the night prior. Gloria wasn't there shockingly enough. They got a bit anxious at this since Gloria was always there before them. They began to wonder what could have happened that day since she would never dream of being late, she said so herself during their interview. She was old so anything could happen from an accident in the kitchen to an accident on the road. They really just hoped she was just sick. They sighed softly, breaking themself out of their thoughts again to take a look around, noticing that the library was still empty. Y/N shrugged and pulled out their phone. They scrolled through their phone casually, barely even noticing as a text notification showed up on their screen. It was a text from an unknown number. They decide to ignore it since they didn't really think it was that important until they got a second text, and caught a glimpse of what it said.

"Y/N this is Gloria. I won't be able to come in today due to a medical emergency. Do you mind taking care of my part today. I'll tell you how."

They sighed softly and went into the messages and respond after a moment, "of course. What exactly do I need to do today?"