𝟶𝟽: 𝚁𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚝𝚢𝚡,

"𝙹𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚌𝚛𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐,
𝙸𝚝'𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚒𝚐𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜,
𝚆𝚎𝚕𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚠,
𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚠𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚋𝚎𝚜𝚝 𝚌𝚕𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚜,"

───» Sign of The Times, Harry Styles «───

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

Honestly, Sage's inclusion in the quest wasn't anything big. I mean, do you see any other glowing campers? Well, not including the Apollo campers who can do so sometimes. Their father would be damned if any of them were to glow right now.

While "Glow of life will save the day" doesn't sound so bad, "A worthy sacrifice shall be made" does. And Sage didn't plan on letting any of her quest mates make the sacrifice, leaving them with one option. Her.

She wouldn't dare say that out loud though. If Annabeth heard her best friend planned to sacrifice herself for a Goddess she hates, she would be more than furious.

Now, Sage didn't like to thing negatively. It's easier to act positive than to feel negative, so she always kept up her act of being a kind weird kid. But things have really been piling up for her. First, she's been unclaimed since she's arrived (if she tells you she doesn't care, she's lying). Second, her godly parent apparently just tried to kill her for whatever reason. And third? Well, this part should make her godly parent happy: she has a very strong feeling she's going to die on this quest.

Well, as long as she goes out protecting someone she'll be fine with it.

The way Chiron's eyes studied her as the quest was spoken, it's like he knew. He looked so pained at the concept of her leaving for the quest, but he didn't speak a word.

Annabeth on the other hand, seemed to be attempting to decipher Sage once again. Her eyes seemed to always drift back to Sage. They held a sense of pride. In her mind, Sage was going to go on a quest with these three teens and show them the ropes of being a Demi-God. In her eyes, Sage was going to be a hero.

Sage was currently sitting on the porch of the big house, her hands behind her as she watched the clouds in the sky. She was counting them, taking in everything her senses could. She was feeling the wind caress her face, tossing her hair around softly. The chatter of the awakening campers. The way the grass moved under her sneakers. The smell of the camp.

Camp Half-Blood smelt so strange- it has so many different smells, yet it works. If you paid close enough attention, you could catch whiffs of pine, lavender, dirt, berries- practically every smell in existence. It's like the scents were wound together in a soothing waltz.

Sage loved camp. Camp was her first home, the first place she felt safe. (Well, minus her little apartment with Lady Ariadne, she hasn't been there in months.)

She wanted to take in everything she loved, she had no way of predicting how this quest would go. The only thing she could go off of, was the foreboding feeling she couldn't seem to shake. It felt as if there were figures hovering around her, watching, waiting for the moment she dropped.

Pulling her knees toward her chest, she placed her head on top of them, closing her eyes with a sigh.

She had written Chiron a letter, but he wasn't the only one. He's just the only one who knew.