𝟷𝟸: 𝙳𝚎𝚓𝚊 𝚅𝚞

"𝚈𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍
𝙰𝚗𝚍 𝙸'𝚕𝚕 𝚊𝚕𝚠𝚊𝚢𝚜 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚋𝚕𝚘𝚘𝚍
𝙴𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚜 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚎
𝚆𝚑𝚎𝚗 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚗𝚎𝚡𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚎,"

───» Fire and the Flood, Vance Joy «───

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

One thing led to another and Sage found herself standing beside the, surprisingly not frozen, Leo Valdez. The situation in the throne room was strange, so strange in fact that her body decided it no longer wished to be there, resulting in her just... appearing somewhere else. Sage decided it's easiest not to question what happens to her anymore. And as terrifying as that was to experience, she would do it again if that meant she could hear Leo's squeak of terror.

"Sage, seriously. Stop laughing, it wasn't even that funny!"

This only made her laugh harder. "'It wasn't even that funny?' You should have seen your face! Oh my god, I'm going to piss myself-"

"You might want to wait until we get to a bathroom, I don't think anyone would appreciate seeing your urine frozen to the floor."

Sage snorted, placing a hand over her mouth as she and Leo made eye contact, the latter's bottom lip twitching before he too broke into laugher.

She knew she likely looked insane, eyes closing, laughter floating through the air, but she couldn't find it in her to care. She hasn't laughed this hard in a long time, not since she met the peculiar-blonde-runaway that changed her life for the best.

As her eyes catch on the giggling pyromaniac once more, they seem to play tricks on her. Suddenly the brown eyes are grey and his curly-brown hair is long and messy, shifting into a blonde shade. 

One minute she's in the frozen palace with a metal dragon, and the next she's under a bridge beside a river. No longer does she wear her orange camp shirt, now it's a worn-in band tee that's two sizes to big for her, smelling vaguely of pine and dew-covered grass. 

In front of her sits a boy her age. He seems to be talking to her as a stray cat rests on his left leg, but his words are muffled. Going in one ear and out the other, but he sounds passionate and looks content.

Sage can't remember a lot of things, but she can remember the crooked yet charming smile of the boy she once called her partner in crime. She remembers how, despite his own horrible living conditions, he would offer her anything that could help her survive. Whether it be the shirt on his back or the last piece of bread he managed to swipe, he would do anything for his dearest companion.

There's no way to tell how long Sage was lost in her thoughts, but it was long enough for Jason and Piper to return from the throne room. The pair let out a sigh of relief when they noticed the black-haired girl, though Piper's brows furrowed with concern when she noticed Sage's dazed expression.

"Sage?"

Her eyes snap toward the voice calling her. "Pipes? What's up?"

Piper glances toward the boys to make sure they are distracted, when she confirms this, she pulls Sage into her arms, tucking her head into her neck.