chapter 2

Hope is funny thing.

At least to the white haired boy it was.

To hold onto something as long as he has, a thin string that he had grasped desperately and held onto with his life.

As he stood before the number one hero, he felt the hope in his heart strengthen and bring him to ask the question that had been his hope all his miserable life.

"All Might. Do you think I can be a hero without a quirk?"

---

Bakugou stared at the white haired boy, frozen in fear when he heard his lackey utter those words.

'No. . .'

He couldn't show weakness in front of them. He couldn't allow himself to rush to the poor boy and beg him not to do something.

He could only back away from the boy, his lackeys already down the hall.

"Deku. . .please, don't do anything you'd regret."

". . ."

"I already regret staying alive this long. There's nothing that killing myself would do."

Bakugou just barely caught those words.

He flinched and tried to keep on walking.

The blonde could feel the white haired boys eyes on him.

-

Midoriya walked tiredly through a tunnel, the rats scurrying away at the sight of him.

It was such a tiring day today.

An acrid smell made its way to his nose, as a manhole cover was flown off.

"Finally! A good meat suit! Sit still kid, this'll only hurt for about 45 seconds!"

Suddenly Midoriya couldn't breathe. Like he was drowning. He wasn't even unconscious when he let his body go limp like a ragdoll.

Why should he care if this thing killed him.

The sludge was momentarily thrown off at this child's willingness to give up, but soon over came it.

Suddenly, a booming voice sounded out, and Midoriya could breathe again.

"I AM HERE!"

---

Hope is funny thing.

At least to the white haired boy it was.

To hold onto something as long as he has, a thin string that he had grasped desperately and held onto with his life.

As he stood before the number one hero, he felt the hope in his heart strengthen and bring him to ask the question that had been his hope all his miserable life.

"All Might. Do you think I can be a hero without a quirk?"

". . ."

Momentary silence.

"I cannot simply say that you can be a hero without a quirk."

There they were.

The words he'd dreaded to hear.

The rest of All Mights words became more muffled than normal as Midoriya stood there.

All Might then jumped away.

Leaving the white haired boy in the tunnel.

Midoriya walked slowly towards the direction of his home.

Though he knew that he would just sneak in through the window, change his clothes, and leave again.

So he did.

He didn't bother bringing a pen and paper with him.

No one could give a damn what happened to him.

Everyone would probably actually celebrate his death.

He was such a useless child.

---

Eraserhead considered himself a logical man.

He thought things through, and never let his emotions get in the way.

But right now, all he could do was stand there in fear.

His body wouldn't move.

He stared at the child, blood dripping from his arms and legs as he stood on the wrong side of the rails.

'Is this how Hizashi felt?' He mentally berated himself. Now was not the time to focus on the past.

Right now, he needed his body to move. To do something to stop the boy.

Words caught in his throat when he tried to call out.

Too late did his body and mind work together and allow him reach forward, capture gear moving too slow, as the boy fell.

He sprinted forward and flung his capture gear towards the falling boy.

He was too slow.

Eraserhead watched as the boys body fell to the ground with a sickening crack, blood splattering one the alleyway walls and painting the ground.

His body felt cold and hot at the same time, the boys body engraved into his mind.

He shakily brought our his phone.

"1-1-9, what's your emergency?"

---

ɪᴢᴜᴋᴜ ᴍɪᴅᴏʀɪʏᴀ ᴡᴀs ᴀ ᴜsᴇʟᴇss ᴄʜɪʟᴅ.

ᴡᴀs.

-

-sorry it's short, couldn't think of anything else - depresso