chapter 5

hello darlings! here's a slightly shorter than normal chapter as i just felt i was at the right moment to end it.

usually word quota - 1000

word count - 981

---

"Alright Izuku, I need you to give me your address so I can send some officers to arrest your father." 

Izuku nodded dazedly, off somewhere that no one could bother him. He slurred out the correct words.

Naomasa became unnerved realizing that this boy lived on the bad side of town, yet still near a police station.

He'd have to report them later.

The white haired boy looked lost, like he'd forgotten everything that's happened in the past few hours, or perhaps he was trying to process it all and merely couldn't.

"Ahaha, I'm late. Hahaha curfew was hours ago. He's going to be mad. Must get home, must get home. . ." He muttered, looking far away as he stumbled his way out of bed. Eraserhead quickly moved to the door, but was too slow.

Izuku began walking down the hall, the pro hero hurrying after him.

"Kid!" He grabbed Izuku's wrist and held him in place.

"Must get home, get home, get home, get home. . ."

"No, you don't need to get home. You don't need to worry about your curfew. Your father is going to jail, and you won't have to worry." Eraserhead said calm, but firmly.

A few tense and silent moments passed.

A crash sounded from the lobby.

Screams and shatters sounded throughout.

"Father has come to pick me up. Goodbye Eraserhead."

---

Misfortune.

A truly terrible thing that happens to everyone.

To some, their misfortune is losing their favorite shirt.

Izuku's life crumbled apart.

Or getting into an argument with friends.

He is not worth what little he is given.

Perhaps being late to curfew. For some, that misfortune means a grounding.

For Izuku, it is practically a death sentence.

His mind wandered off to a nowhere so that no one could ever find it again.

Body moving on autopilot.

Words not his own.

The misfortune of Izuku Midoriya, is truly one for the books.

---

"I thought you'd finally decided to kick the bucket. But no! I get a call from this stupid hospital saying that you survived!" Hisashi held his son by the neck, preventing an escape.

Police stood outside and in the building.

A negotiator was carefully thinking over the next words.

"Get any closer and I'll snap his neck before you can even blink! And don't think I can't see you there Eraserhead! I don't need a quirk to kill this worthless shit!" He looked directly towards the underground hero, who had been hiding in the shadows the whole time.

Internally he cursed.

This man knew who he was, and he knew his quirk.

Not good.

"Now Eraser, why don't you close your eyes and turn around."

When he got no actions, he tightened the grip on Izuku's neck.

"I said turn around and close your eyes!" Hisashi roared out. The whole hospital had gone into lockdown, patients being hurried out, and any needed machinery pushed out as well.

"Let go of the kid! We can give you money if that's what you're after! Just let him go!" The negotiator yelled through his megaphone.

"What I want is this brat dead!" Hisashi slowly began backing into a hall.

He doesn't care if the little shit took him to the grave as well, as long as he didn't have to deal with him.

"Late late late, I'm sorry sorry sorry. . ." Izuku dazedly muttered.

"Shut the fuck up bitch!" He brought a fist to Izuku's face, where the impact left blood pooling from his nose.

Suddenly, a wicked idea came to Hisashi's mind.

"Hey, hey I-zu-ku, you wanna be responsible for the deaths of anyone still in here? You wanna live knowing that you caused what's about to happen?" He whispered into the white haired boys ear, sounding out his name.

Izuku continued to mutter.

Hisashi smiled, and let giggle start withing his throat.

That giggle evolved into chuckle.

That evolved into full blown maniacal laughter.

Eraserhead barely caught the man's words, and didn't register them in time either.

"Get down!"

The destructive and powerful heat from Hisashi's fire breathe was instantly felt.

The sweltering heat forced the raven haired man to close his eyes.

Instantly, chairs caught fire, machinery ready to explode in the heat.

Cackling was heard from Hisashi, and crackling from the burning materials.

Eraserhead forced his eyes open, but not before the damage was done.

The ceiling above began to cave, heat and practically melting supports stressing the roof.

Hisashi accepted his fate, waiting for the right moment.

He let Izuku go, pushing just out the way.

A ear shattering scream was heard as the ceiling crushed Izuku's leg.

---

"We can't get him out!"

"We need to try! One more time, and if not, we'll need to perform an emergency transfemoral amputation."

"But with his condition-"

"It'll get worse damnit if we don't get him out now! We have one hero on duty, and his quirk won't help with this! Now, get me some gloves!"

---

More heroes showed up only twenty minutes after the fire was out out.

They came to a gruesome scene.

Patients had been pushed out, some in critical condition, be it from the smoke, or the sudden transfer.

The worst part was the boy still in the building.

Soot and ash covered his body as multiple doctors seemed to work diligently on an issue with his leg.

Death Arms began to walk over, but was stopped by a medical professional and Eraserhead.

"Don't bother. It's too late now. You guys didn't show up in time. Now the kids losing his leg."

When the words left the sleep deprived males mouth, the daylight hero's heart dropped.

Eraserhead grumbled.

"Seven confirmed casualties, five confirmed deaths. One criminal barely alive, and his son halfway on death's door."

"You were too late."