The Date

I look around anxiously, looking for her face. My eyes don't find her, and my anxiety instantly skyrockets. 'She is coming', I try to reassure myself before I get worked up. I am pretty sensitive to feeling rejected, and once I start down that spiral it is very hard to stop myself. "Hey." I hear her voice say quietly behind me. I let out a breathe that I didn't realize I had been holding. I spin around to face her, and beam at her. She smiles back, and I felt oddly pleased when I noticed her eyes wander down from my face to my midsection and linger. When she brings her eyes back up to my face, I smirk. She rolls her eyes lightly at me and smiles.

I offer her my hand with a grin, and she takes it. I lead her over to a bench in the corner and direct her to sit beside me and sit. "What's happening?" She asks curiously. "Patience, you'll see in a second." I squeeze her hand and smile gesturing towards the middle of the room with a light nod of my head.

The opening beats of "Someone to You" By the Banners start to play and suddenly the previously disorganized crowd becomes a well organized and choreographed dance troupe. A flash mob may be a dorky first date, but I'm kind of cheesy apparently. At least when I'm head over heels stupid in love. Tali watches with confusion, and I'm anxious to see if she likes it. Right before my cue comes on the last verse I lean over to whisper in her ear. "Wait right here." I say with a grin as I stand up facing her, stepping back into my place and effortlessly joining the routine.

After it's over I walk back over looking like an anxious puppy, eyeing her to see if she liked it or not. She smiles at me fondly, running one hand through my hair when I stop and sit beside her. "You're so cute." She said with a grin, and I grin back, casually slinging an arm around her shoulders as I wink cockily. "I know, right? I'm so fucking cute." I say laughing. She smiles, leaning into my side.

"You ready for part two?" I ask with a grin. She smiles and nods. I lead her out of the building, offering her my hand as we cross the street, I lead her a short walk down the road, before coming to a small park. We enter the park, and walk towards a back corner of the park surrounded by beautiful tall trees and happy looking wildflowers.

I see that Tasha has pulled through for me when I spot the blanket and picnic basket exactly where I asked her to leave them. I make a mental note to send that girl a fruit basket or something. Before this trip she was a casual friend I knew from college, but she's proved to be a ride or die kind of friend this trip.

Tali looks surprised and touched at the little picnic, which makes me grin. Points for me. For someone who hasn't been in love for over a decade, I'm not bad at this romance stuff. I sit down across from her, sitting cross legged and admiring the smile on her face.

I open the basket and start to pull out the plates, handing one to Tali, and the weird plastic wine glasses Tasha told me to buy, also handing one to Tali. I pull out the chilled bottle of sparkling cider, I remember Tali told me a long time ago that drinking can lower her blood sugar dangerously. So I decided to avoid that all together with said sparkling cider.

There is also cheese, fruit, and some weird kind of bread. I'm more of a Kraft mac and cheese kind of person, but I'm aiming to impress at the moment. I also happen to really like fruit, so at least I have something in this basket I know I will actually eat. As she eats, she talks. I love listening to her talk about things that interest her. I could sit and listen to her all day. There are things I find attractive about her physically,  but the biggest turn on is that big beautiful mind of hers.

I wind up laying with my head in her lap, staring up at her with complete and utter adoration. Once she seems to be done eating, I slowly sit up and lean my face over to hers, brushing my lips softly against hers. I slide one hand to the back of her neck, cupping it as I deepen the kiss.

She kisses me back passionately, and I take advantage of the relative seclusion all the trees provide and grab her by the hips to pull her into my lap.It's easy to get lost in kissing her, the warm afternoon and the world temporarily ceasing to exist. While i'm kissing her the only things that exist are our lips and our bodies. Both our heartbeats accelerating, lips ever so soft, it is just the two of us now.

I pull my lips from hers and press kisses along her jawline, before I trail my lips down to her neck. I feel her fingers in my hair as I press hot kisses with my lips and light nips with my teeth to her neck. Craving her, my need for her growing insurmountably with each passing minute.

My mouth finds its way back to hers, and no longer caring that I am in public, I lift her off my lap to lay her back on the blanket, my body following hers,until my body pressed into hers. My hands start to explore lightly, trailing down the outline of her body. Our lips and tongues moved together instinctively, as if in sync.

With a long pull of desire somewhere below my navel, I feel the heat and pressure building there. Finally a sane thought manages to force it's way into my mind, even though desire has spread over my mind like a thick fog. 'Slow down'. As much as my body wants to violently dismiss this thought, I need to calm down, or I'm liable to wind up dry humping her fully clothed in a public park like an out of control teenager.

I detach my mouth from hers, feeling like i'm depriving myself of oxygen. Her eyes are dark and wide with arousal, her lips swollen from mine, and her cheeks are lightly flushed with color. I slide my body off of hers, laying beside her and wrapping an arm around her waist.

I try to calm my ragged breathing and my dangerously high heart beat as I lay beside her. She starts to speak again, and I listen as I force myself to behave. I feel like a rubber band, stretched to it's maximum point, I desperately need to relieve this tension before I snap in half.

As the sun starts to set, I pack up the basket and blanket, before walking her back to her car. She kisses me goodnight softly, her kiss full of affection now. We make plans to see each other tomorrow, as it will be my last full day here.

I walk back to my hotel, entering my room, and setting down the basket on the desk, before stripping out of my clothes for a much needed cold shower to attempt to calm the hot flame of desire that is in danger of burning out of control if I'm not ever so careful.